Your Saint’s feast day is . . .

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Holiday Ideas & Thoughts Your Saint’s feast day is . . .

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  loloengland 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

tana

Who is your patron saint and when is the saint’s day? My confirmation saint is Mary Magadalen. Her feast day is July 22nd. . . . .Tana

anonymous

Mine is St. Theresa Coudere and her feastday is September 26th.

tana

Stephanie,

I’ve never heard of her. . . can you tell me a bit more about her? Tana

anonymous

Tana,
    Here is a little biography on her that I got from http://www.catholic.org.

Foundress of the Religious of Our Lady of the Retreat in the Cenacle. She was born in Le Mas. France, in 1805 and entered a community of dedicated women that evolved into the Sisters of St. Regis in 1829. Theresa founded the Cenacle. She resigned as superior in 1838 and spent the rest of her life, except for a brief period, as a simple sister. She died at Fourviere on September 26. She was beatified in 1951 and canonized by Pope Paul VI in 1970.

fredar

Hi,

My confirmation saint is St Ann, and I’m ashamed to say I don’t know when her day is so now I’ll have to go look it up.

I also kind of consider St Maria Goretti to be our family’s patron saint because we were married and all of our sons were baptized in two different churches bearing her name. I think her feast day is July 6.

Freda

josie

Well, I was named after Pope John Paul II but my patron saint is St. John the Baptist – I was born on one of his feast days. However, if/when he’s cannonized, I might make Pope John Paul the Great’s feast day my patron saint/feast day. :) Ironically enough, with all the St. John’s there are, my husband also has St. John the Baptist as his patron saint! Pretty neat for us! :)

michelle123

Our family’s patron Saint is Saint Joseph. He has been the patron of DH’s family going WAY back to the old country. Every year, we have a St. Joseph’s day table to give thanks for God’s blessings and the intercession of Saint Joseph. Last year, we had about eighty people!!
    It was wonderful.

A number of our friends who attended were not even Catholic, and they all said they got SO much out of it and loved hearing about St. Joseph. As a matter of fact, a local Protestant minister friend attended, and asked if we would do something about St. Joseph at their social center next year! (Many Protestants really miss out on learning about the rich lives of the Saints…..it’s a shame.)

Oh…St. Joseph’s Day is March 15th.

loloengland

Hi my confirmation saint is st Bernadette, her feast day is april 16th.But since i found this site, i am very interesed in st Giana. Also interesed in St maria goretti.
    lorraine :D

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.