Would like to know of unintended pregnancies on Billings/NFP

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Marriage Forum Would like to know of unintended pregnancies on Billings/NFP

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  catholicmoms 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hello,
    I’d like to know stories of unintended pregnancies using the Billings Method/ Creighton, and what you think caused it. I’m really struggling with this issue right now!! I cannot do ST because I’m still getting up through the night with a baby therefore the temp. part cannot be reliable. Feel free to private message me since this is a really personal thing.

Thanks in advance!

julka

How old is your baby?

I have a 7 months old and she started sleeping though the night about 2 months ago, but prior to that I both charted and recorded CM changes so it’s like double-check for accuracy. Now I just track temps and chart them.

@MerryChristmas wrote:

Hello,
    I’d like to know stories of unintended pregnancies using the Billings Method/ Creighton, and what you think caused it. I’m really struggling with this issue right now!! I cannot do ST because I’m still getting up through the night with a baby therefore the temp. part cannot be reliable. Feel free to private message me since this is a really personal thing.

Thanks in advance!

actually a lot of ppl believe nfp is meant for birth control or to prevent pregnancy when in fact it was invented to achieve pregnancy. i think it is up to God when you will have another child no matter what you are doing…why do you think women get preg on birth control all the time. if it is meant to happen it will no matter how much you are trying to avoid it.

I am so confused right now that we’re abstaining.

Have you read the book by Christopher West “Good News about Sex and Marriage” It is taken from Pope John Pauls writings but is SOOOO easy to read and explains everything related to abstaining, NFP, child spacing, etc. following the Catholic church. I was completely confused as a new Catholic until I read this book and now it makes total sense.

Good luck with everything. I have 2 little ones as well so I know it’s hard to think about having more when we are already so exhausted! I’ve learned to “Let go and let God”. Things will happen in His timeline, I’m convinced.

:)
    Heather

catholicmoms

Dear MerryChristmas,
    I sounds like you should contact the local parish and find out the name of the NFP instructor in your area. Classes are free and very helpful. Judging from this post and most of your other posts, it looks as if you are struggling with NFP. More information, such as reading Humanae Vitae and the Christopher West book that Heather recommended would also help you out.

:idea: The Saints Market http://www.SaintsMarket.com which is part of the Catholic MomsTM web site also sells a wonderful video: Contraception, Why Not?
    Go to : http://catholicmoms.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=DVCWN-11&Category_Code=
    to check it out. It features Dr Janet Smith.

Hope this helps a little. I have 7 kids… all wanted and no accidents!

:D

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.