Where’s my period?!

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Where’s my period?!

This topic contains 9 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mommandm 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

mommandm

8O I’m on day 32 of my cycle, no period, but no positive pregnancy test :? My body is so weird since I’ve had the baby. I had a little bit of a longer cycle before, like 29 days instead of 28, but 32 is really long! Last month’s cycle was 28 days. And it doesn’t feel like its coming. But like I said, pregnancy tests are negative, even taken first thing in the morning. I’m a bit concerned. If it goes till Friday (that’ll be 36 days) I guess I’ll call my OB/G. I’m a little flipped out, my cycle’s never this off. I hope I’m not going through early menopause or something!!

I had the stomach flu for 2 days, could that have thrown me off? I’ve never missed a period without being pregnant that I can remember.

andrea

That’s not that far off – and if you did have the flu – that can mess your body up. Try not to stress out – that can make your body do crazy things too. How old is your youngest? I had weird periods for awhile after I had my little guy. Wish I could be of more help.

that TOTALLY happened to me last month. I am NEVER late and I was 3 days late and kept getting BFN. I finally started but it was really painful and lots of bleeding, I almost felt like I either had a real early miscarriage or something was just wrong with my hormones. This month, I’m right back on track so I dunno. Our bodies do weird things sometimes. My LO in 21 months and just weaning so maybe that is why I was late but I’m NEVER late usually.

Hope everything works out for the best!
    {HUGS}

Heather

mommandm

Heather, I had that happen a couple of months ago with the early miscarriage. I got a veeery faint positive on a pregnancy test, then a late period that was extra bad. I remember reading somewhere that most miscarriages happen without women even knowing it b/c they happen so early on.

Anyway….still no period. One of three things is going on I think…either the flu messed up my cycles, I’m going through menopause (i should hope not I’m in my 20′s! but I know it can happen), or I ovulated late and I’m pregnant. I dunno, I usually ovulate early in my cycle rather than later. It would have had to have happened on the night of the easter vigil, so that would explain why no period but no positive test yet b/c that wasn’t that long ago. I don’t know, I dont’ want to get my hopes up. But I don’t feel like I’m going to get my period, I normally get kinda crampy the day before. And I’m just to-the-bone tired, but I don’t really have a reason to be any more than normal. I dunno maybe I’m just paying more attention to my body right now b/c its all out of sinc.

mommandm

Still no period, and a veeeery faint postive pregnancy test this morning. REally faint though, like you have to really work to see the line, so I don’t want to get my hopes up yet.

I know what you mean about early miscarriages, I read that too. I had a miscarriage at 13 weeks in between my boys and I didn’t even know anything was wrong, I was just at the doctor for an appointment and they asked me if I wanted to see my baby on an ultrasound and then told me there was no heartbeat. That was at 10 weeks and I had to “carry” until 13 weeks. It was emotionally, mentally, and physically draining! The period last month felt like that, very heavy,lots of back pain, just generally wiped me out!

I’m sure everything is fine with you and hopefully you will get the BFP in the next few days. It is possible that you O’d late and your BFP won’t be dark for another day or two. Isn’t it crazy and incredible being a woman?

Good luck and keep us posted!

mommandm

Well it finally came, a full week late. And boy is it a doozy. I think I’m going to call the doctor monday, that’s really abnormal for me so I want to know if everything’s ok. I’m due for a check anyway.

Thanks for letting us know. Hope you feel better soon. Glad you are going to have everything checked out.
    Take care :)
    Heather

andrea

MommaNDM-
    Hope your doing well and the Dr. visit went okay. Andrea

mommandm

I’m so bad, still haven’t called the doctor :oops: thanks for your concern ladies.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.