What prayers do your children know?

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Raising Great Kids! What prayers do your children know?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  josie 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Just wondering what kinds of prayers everyones little ones know. I think it is too cute when they pray! My little ones are starting to LOVE to say the rosary with me sometimes they beg! We also say prayers every night before bed. The know the now i lay me down to sleep….guardian angel prayer….hail mary…our father…im sure there are a few im forgetting. I just think it is too sweet when little ones pray!

mommandm

Zack just learned the sign of the cross this past Sunday, it was soo sweet :D He knows parts of other prayers too. He has a little plastic rosary. I told him that when he learns the Our Father and the Hail Mary and if he takes good care of his plastic rosary I’d get him a “big boy” rosary. I’m thinking maybe for his third birthday. He’s got this great video called “Holy Baby” that has different prayers on it in 7 different languages, he loves it.

@MommaNDM wrote:

Zack just learned the sign of the cross this past Sunday, it was soo sweet :D He knows parts of other prayers too. He has a little plastic rosary. I told him that when he learns the Our Father and the Hail Mary and if he takes good care of his plastic rosary I’d get him a “big boy” rosary. I’m thinking maybe for his third birthday. He’s got this great video called “Holy Baby” that has different prayers on it in 7 different languages, he loves it.

oh speaking of kids videos my kids have a rosary video prays the rosary and they love it after a few times they can pray right along with it and BEG me to let them pray LOL

mommandm

@mom2blaizenzaine wrote:

@MommaNDM wrote:

oh speaking of kids videos my kids have a rosary video prays the rosary and they love it after a few times they can pray right along with it and BEG me to let them pray LOL

What video is it? Its really hard to find Catholic videos for kids so I’m always keeping my eyes out for them. Zackie has the “Rosary for Kids” video that we ordered from EWTN. It has this little angel guy in PJ’s narrating. Its pretty good, but I think it sugarcoats a lot of the sorrowful mysteries more than is necessary. But its a good teaching tool for his age.

He just learned the Hail Mary, I can’t believe it. Too cute. You can only understand about every other word though! We were walking around Target the other day, and he was sitting in the cart saying the Hail Mary over and over.

lynnt

My 4 yr old makes the sign of the Cross, says Grace at meals, knows the Our Father, and can recite the HAil Mary along with me when we do the Rosary (but she’s too self-conscious still to try saying it on her own).

My 2 yr old has finally gotten the Sign of the Cross down LOL . He can say Grace before meals and can repeat after his sister with the other prayers, but he doesn’t have them “down pat” yet.

Being consistent with them really helped, plus my daughter has a phenomenal memory. Surprises even me!!! I don’t think I knew the Our Father until I was 7! 8O

my 4 yo son knows the our father, hail mary, prayers at meals, hail holy queen and most of the rest of the rosary since we say one every other night togeter as a family.
    Our 20 month old mumbles along!

josie

Asking what prayers our little ones know… I have to share a funny story.
    The toilet at my mom’s house requires you to hold the handle down when flushing until it has all the way flushed otherwise it just stops mid-stream. Anyhow, a couple of weeks ago, I told my DD to say a Hail Mary while she held the handle down until she was done with the whole Hail Mary. I thought this would make sure the toilet would flush all the way. Well, when we went back to my mom’s the next week, after taking DD to the potty (she’s 2 and a half), I went to turn the water on to wash our hands and DD said, “Mom, we forgot to say the prayer for the toilet!” hee hee – I could not stop laughing and my poor daughter couldn’t figure out why it was so funny to do what mom told her….

BTW, she knows her Hail Mary, Meal Blessing, Sign of the Cross but sometimes gets it backwards, and oddly enough the entire Angelus just because that’s what we say every day before nap time. I haven’t really done the rosary in front of her on a regular basis so sadly, I don’t think she knows the Our Father – guess I should work on that one…

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.