Warning re: Princess Diaries Books

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Warning re: Princess Diaries Books

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mommyrose 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

michelle123

DD (9 yo) LOVES the Disney Princess Diaries movie starring Ann Hathaway, so I was excited to see the book in the “sale” pile at the store.
    BIG mistake. I’m just happy I decided to read it first!

Definitely NOT Disney-esque! I got through the first three chapters which describe, in great detail, French kissing, the main character’s illegitimate birth, her father’s testicular cancer and related inability to have more children (thus the need for her to be informed that she is heir to the throne.) Not sure I’d even have a high school student read it. EEEK. Disney REALLY had to fluff this one up for the movie. The list of rather adult topics goes on and on. She finds her algebra teacher in his boxer shorts in her kitchen one morning after a “date” with her mom. I could go on, but won’t.

Be forewarned…..it bares little resemblance to the cute little movie with Ann Hathaway and Julie Andrews.

Just thought you Moms would like a heads up!

rosannajames

Oh my! That is too bad because the movies are really good and entertaining. What is wrong with these writers today? :roll:

mommyrose

Thanks for the warning!!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.