VBS

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  catholicforlife 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi1 i’m new here. Ihave a question about VBS. Has anyones Church started to plan for theirs? Also has a theme been decided?

Thanks.

slingmumma

Some parishes choose and plan their VBS’s before Christmas and some are just starting to think about it. I guess it depends on how many other hats your VBS coordinator is wearing. My new parish is just starting to think about VBS. (I just moved to a new town).

My parish last year came across an AWESOME VBS that is 100% Catholic. It’s put out by the creators of the Cat. Chat audio series. I have seen a lot of so-called Catholic VBS programs, but none have compared to this one! It’s fun and engaging for the kids and ROCK SOLID in it’s Catholic content. (Not just a Protestant program that’s been “Catholicized”)

“Cool Kingdom Party: Mary Leads me Closer to Jesus” (that’s what it’s called) stands out for more than just it’s Catholic content though. The quality of the resources are great too – thorough, helpful leaders guides, high quality artwork, creative crafts – even the SNACKS emphasize the daily lesson!

The part of this VBS that made it stand out the most for us was the INCREDIBLE music. So well-done in every way (production quality, melody and message), we still have kids and parents singing the songs today! I’m trying to get my new parish to pick it up. Check it out at: http://www.catchat.ca

My husband is in charge of VBS and has started planning for it. All I know is that the theme has to do with wild animals.

He’s really excited about it :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.