Today

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  lynnt 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

We are going to talk to Father today after mass about our convaladation for our marriage to be recognized by the church. Please pray that we can skip the six months (we have been legally married for four) so that we can get this done as soon as possible. We are not allowed to take holy communion until then. Thanks! :D

sweett

I am in the RCIA program. My dh is already a Catholic. we were married outside the church and we did the convalidation. It was one meeting and that was it. We had a short little 20min. service. I schedules it for two weeks after we talked to the Deacon. I pray it goes as well for you!

@sweetT wrote:

I am in the RCIA program. My dh is already a Catholic. we were married outside the church and we did the convalidation. It was one meeting and that was it. We had a short little 20min. service. I schedules it for two weeks after we talked to the Deacon. I pray it goes as well for you!

Thanks…we went today from what Father said we basically have to get some papers from the dioceses fill them out send them back and thats it. We dont get a service or anything. He said something about because we we’re both catholic and got married out of the church….he’s from France he didn’t even know what convaladation was when we asked so he could be wrong. Who knows I’m hoping it goes quick tho because we can’t receive communion until then. Thanks for the prayers!

mommandm

OH hon I can’t imagine it should take that long. The priest we’re working with for ours said he could do it any time after we’re both confirmed, even right after if we wanted. If the priest doesn’t understand it very well, you might respectfully ask him to inquire with another priest about the procedure.

Good luck!!

lynnt

I would call your archdiocese and ask them directly. This doesn’t sound right to me.

We just had our marriage validated last month. We had a small and simple service. The Priest, as far as I know, does have to ask you to confirm your vows. I have never heard of having a validation done solely on paper.

Congratulations and Good Luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.