The Golden Compass

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums I Love the Movies! The Golden Compass

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  mommyrose 7 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sunnyone

Warning!~ There is a movie coming out I think this Christmas season that is ANTI GOD and PRO ATHEIST in the disguise of a kids movie. There is a trilogy of books that are described as the “anti CS Lewis”, and the book has a girl riding a polar bear on the front.

You may already know about this, but I just learned about a kids movie coming out in December starring Nicole Kidman. It’s called The Golden Compass, and while it will be a watered down version, it is based on a series of children’s books about killing God (It is the anti-Narnia). Please follow this link, and then pass it on. From what I understand, the hope is to get a lot of kids to see the movie – which won’t seem too bad – and then get the parents to buy the books for their kids for Christmas. The quotes from the author sum it all up. Click on the site directly below.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/compass.asp

mommyrose

Wow!!! This is truly scary!!! Thank you so much for the warning!! I have forwarded it on to all of my Catholic and Christian family and friends and I recommend everyone else does the same.

Here is another link from the Catholic League website regarding this movie “The Golden Compass” and the book trilogy “His Dark Materials”…
    http://www.catholicleague.org/release.php?id=1342

twinbabes

Thanks for the warning I definately won’t bring my children to see a movie like that.
    It is truly scary to think or know people are that strong against having a faith like we have.

mommyrose

I am attaching an article from EWTN’s website. This article gives details from these CHILDREN’S books on how they are Anti-Christian and specifically Anti-Catholic. I think it is important for all of you Moms out there to realize we are not talking about the personal choices we have to make in considering whether our children should dress up like witches for Halloween or if they should read Harry Potter… these books go far beyond that!

Vere and Miesel are co-authors of the booklet “Pied Piper of Atheism: Philip Pullman and Children’s Fantasy”…
    Vere: …My children would think it hypocritical if I told them it was OK to see the movie, but not to read the books. And they would be right.
    …the plot revolves around the supreme blasphemy, namely, that God is a liar and a mortal. It is not appropriate for children to read books in which the heroine is the product of adultery and murder; priests act as professional hit men, torturers and authorize occult experimentation on young children; an ex-nun engages in occult practices and promiscuous behavior, and speaks of it openly with a 12-year-old couple; and the angels who rebel against God are good, while those who fight on God’s side are evil…
    Miesel: Furthermore, there’s a great deal of cruelty and gore in the books, not just battles but deliberate murder, sadism, mutilation, suicide, euthanasia and even cannibalism. There are also passages of disturbing sensuality and homosexual angels who are “platonic lovers.”…
    Vere: …Christ asks very pointedly in the Gospels: Can a good tree bear rotten fruit? The movie is the fruit of the books and Pullman’s imagination. These are anti-Christian and atheistic at their core. How does one sanitize this from the movie without completely gutting Pullman from his story?

Here is the full article: http://www.ewtn.com/library/ISSUES/zgoldcompass.HTM

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.