Superman??

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anewlight07 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

michelle123

DS LOVES Superman!

The old-fashioned, “come to the rescue” Superman of the old, old, old, cartoons!

I was sort of excited about the new Superman movie coming out, until I read a newspaper review that spoke about Lois Lane having a child out of wedlock with Superman, her living with her fiance’, and the omission of all references of “the American Way” part of “Defending Truth, Justic, and the American Way!”

Call me old-fashioned, but this sort of disappointed me! :cry:

Has anyone seen Superman yet? Thoughts?

amby

I have not seen it. But a co-worker/friend of mine has. She has completely different values and told me not to see it and not to let my kids see it.
    She knows my faith and how I try to stick to it.

She is homosexual, lives with her partner, the partner has a kid out of wedlock and my coworker has 2 kids (who live with their father) and even she was angry about the lack of values in the movie :?

anewlight07

I just saw it. I didn’t really see anything that bad.

Spoiler warning: Lois Lane has a child out of wedlock, but, it turns out to be Superman’s child. Meanwhile there is a fiance that she hasn’t married that the kid calls “Dad” whereas Superman is just some likeable flying guy. I felt sorry for the fiance character because he seemed oblivious but well-meaning. Um, I wouldn’t say it was so much lacking in “values” per se–other than Lois being pretty dishonest about the paternity of her kid. Then again, Superman was supposed to have disappeared for five years after knocking her up?

Superman was still flying around saving everyone and the bad guys got their comeuppance…and of course Superman disliking Lois’ smoking habit.

It didn’t bother me that much. It made for an interesting plot line. I mean, I think it was quite clear how all the characters were suffering in some form because of a dishonest situation. Kind of an interesting fioble for Superman…I’d like to see how it is resolved in a sequel. A bit soap-opera-ish but not bad.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.