So upset with the Diocese…

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics So upset with the Diocese…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rosannajames 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

vinnyslady

:(
    I was denied a religous exemption for vaccination(for a Catholic school) in the state of Nebraska by the Diocese of Lincoln. I went as far as to speak with my parish priest, write a letter to the Bishop and spoke with the Superintendant. I’m Catholic, I’m also opposed to vaccines with every fiber of my being. Church law dictates I should not be forced to go against my conscience and the Vatican upholds my right to conscientious objection regarding THIS SPECIFIC MATTER.

Nebraska law states:
    173 NAC 3-009
    3-009.01 Immunization is not required for a student’s enrollment in ANY school in this
    state if he or she submits to the admitting official either of the following:

3-009.01A A statement signed by a physician, physician assistant, or nurse
    practitioner stating that, in the health care provider’s opinion, the specified
    immunization(s) required would be injurious to the health and well-being of the
    student or any member of the student’s family or household; or

3-009.01B A notarized affidavit signed by the student or, if he or she is a minor,
    by a legally authorized representative of the student, stating that the
    immunization conflicts with the tenets and practice of a recognized religious
    denomination of which the student is an adherent or member or that
    immunization conflicts with the personal and sincerely followed religious beliefs
    of the student.

Its been 3 weeks since I raised the issue. The superintendant of schools isn’t budging. (and neither am I.)
    Please say a few prayers for me. Its not like me to be so angry with authority, particularly not the authority of the Church. This has always been a diocese thats upheld traditional Catholic values and I’ve always had a great deal of respect for that. I know I shouldn’t be angry and impatient, but I am SO MAD! My child has been withdrawn from school. I am not going to put him in the middle of this but I am sick and tired of having vaccines rammed down my throat by everyone under the sun!
    Ironic that I cannot send my child to Catholic school without violating my moral conscience!

rosannajames

You have a right to refuse vaccines. You can use other reasons rather than religious!

Also maybe this Thinktwice site might have something that will be helpful to you:

http://www.thinktwice.com/laws.htm

http://www.thinktwice.com/ploys.htm

The following is a form that I have used with the school and I have had no problems:

Vaccine Exemption Form

We have chosen not to vaccinate our child, ____________________ because we are philosophically apposed to the concept of vaccines.

We maintain this is a responsible and ethically justifiable position for the following reasons:
    -A vaccination is a medical intervention performed on a healthy child that has the ability to result in injury or death of that child.
    -There is no guarantee that the deliberate introduction of killed or live microorganisms into the body of a healthy child will not compromise the health or cause the death of that child, either immediately or in the future.
    -There are no guarantees that the vaccine will indeed protect the child from contracting a disease.
    -There is an absence of adequate scientific knowledge regarding the way vaccines singly, or in combination, act in the human body at the cellular and molecular level.

Therefore, we believe that vaccination is a medical procedure that could reasonably be termed as experimental each time it is performed on a healthy child.

Our state law makes provisions for non-vaccination of children whose parents’ object to vaccines for medical, religious, or philosophical reasons. We accept responsibility for the health of our child, and because of philosophical conviction, will not have our child vaccinated.
    In the event of any infectious condition, our child would of course remain at home.

_____________________________ ____________
    Date
    _____________________________ ____________
    Date
    Hope this helps you! God bless!

This is because your children not being vaccinated puts other children at risk (especially babies). If you go read the facts (like at http://www.askdrsears.com) you will see that the benefits of vaccinating far outweigh the risks.

rosannajames

I couldn’t disagree with you more MerryChristmas!

http://www.thinktwice.com/articles.htm

http://www.thinktwice.com/faq.htm#3

Quoted from the above site:

///First of all, how could your non-vaccinated child be a danger to the vaccinated child? If the vaccines are effective, then the baby should be protected. Actually, it’s the vaccinated children who spread disease. Many of the disease outbreaks that we are warned about today, are caused by, and occur in, recently vaccinated children.

A non-vaccinated child cannot put vaccinated children at risk if the vaccines are effective. In fact, it is the vaccinated children who expose other children to increased risk. This has been confirmed again and again in outbreaks where a majority of the affected children were recently vaccinated

Recently vaccinated children do carry the disease germ and are able to spread it to other children. Many so-called epidemics are initiated and spread in this manner, even though the unvaccinated are blamed. On the other hand, a passive immunity to the disease may also be gained in this manner. In fact, some “authorities” argue that parents who do not vaccinate their children reap the benefits without taking the risks — a curious argument since they also argue that such parents are irresponsible by unnecessarily exposing their children to greater risk by choosing not to vaccinate. ///

vinnyslady

@MerryChristmas wrote:

This is because your children not being vaccinated puts other children at risk (especially babies). If you go read the facts (like at http://www.askdrsears.com) you will see that the benefits of vaccinating far outweigh the risks.

I have put HUNDREDS of hours of reading into this. I vaccinated all of my children on schedule until I had my third child who pooped blood EVERY SINGLE TIME he was vaccinated.(and that is when I started questioning) He saw several doctors and pediatric gastroenterologists all of whom said, “We don’t know whats wrong with him, but it couldn’t possibly be caused by vaccines!” His pedi flat-out refused to report it to VAERS, supporting the FDAs position that less than 10% of vaccine reactions are reported. I have since spoken with several other doctors who have told me that this COULD have been caused by vaccines and should have been reported.
    This topic is NOT open for debate.(not with me.) and that is not the purpose of this thread. Given my children’s medical history and a strong family history of autoimmune disorders(not to mention the unethical origins of MMR and varicella vaccines.)WE have CHOSEN(after much prayer, education and the guidance of our conscience) not to vaccinate our children as a matter of conscience. Our DOCTOR is supportive of this decision.
    Do not be condescending or judgemental about this choice. I’ve probably read more medical journals and articles on the subject than you even knew existed. I have very little tolerance for someone who assumes this is a decision that my husband and I made lightly. I don’t believe ALL of the negative things I read about vaccines. This one size fits all application of vaccination has got to stop. My children are not clones of everyone else’s and vice versa and I, for one, do not intend to wait until my child suffers intusseption or Crohn’s disease to defend him.
    I asked for prayers, not criticism. I asked for support of my legal and moral right to conscientious objection. I refuse to have even remote material cooperation with the culture of death, given our family medical history and the fact that these vaccines could have been developed FROM ANY OTHER METHOD. We are not going the right way here people. The development of a combined vaccine from aborted fetal stem cells for DTaP and Polio is in the works. This was done deliberately to advance the culture of death and promote the “acceptability” of embryonic stem cell research.
    For MY children, the risk of vaccination combined with the remote material cooperation and the fact that even if I did believe in the THEORY of “herd immunity” and (I’m not sure I do), not vaccinating my children isn’t going to drop the levels of unimmunized children anywhere near low enough(from a scientific standpoint) to effect the immunity of anyone else!
    I’ve already asked for medical exemption for my 3rd child. I’m told its not a severe enough reaction to warrant a medical exemption and the state requires you must have actually been DAMAGED by the vaccine or be immunosuppressed to get one.(talk about the cart before the horse!)
    I should also add that my husband, aunt and uncle(also had epilepsy) all have diabetes mellitus.(my uncle died at 48 from ketoacidosis) I have asthma and my uncle has SEVERE asthama. To my knowledge the only study ever done regarding Hib supports that there is a relationship between the 2.(diabetes and vaccination) Pertussis toxin is a known cause of diabetes mellitus and glucose intolerance has been observed in children, immediatly after receiving vaccine for pertussis since the 1960′s. I do not believe vaccinations CAUSE diabetes, but I do beleive that they can trigger them in people who are predisposed. The CDC says there is NO relationship but they cannot offer any evidence to the contrary. http://www.pubmedcentral.nih.gov/articlerender.fcgi?artid=1116914
    Until they do, I’m opting out. I saw my uncle die from this disease and have had to recessitate my own husband.
    I cannot believe I just defended this decision to you as I’m tired of defending it and no one(save my in-laws who are extremely supportive) listens anyway!
    I should also add, we didn’t make this choice immediately for ALL of our children. We stopped vaccinating our 3rd child and vaccinated our fourth. After her MMR she had every symptom of measles. I have asked several physicians what the difference between getting measles is and getting ALL of the symptoms of measles to which all have responded, “I don’t know!”
    Vaccinations are based on “belief” not scientific fact. If ever there were another drug in America that had damaged this many people it would have been outlawed.(over 11,000 injury claims and nearly 1000 deaths since 1988, and these are only the ones reported to the Vaccine Injury compensation program. You are not eligible to file(if you are otherwise healthy) if the injury occurs after 30 days. Many injuries are not reportable if they’ve occured more than 4 hours after vaccination!!

rosannajames

It looks like even Dr. Sears does not approve of forcing vaccinations:

http://www.askdrsears.com/blog/

///I believe our nation can tolerate a certain percentage of unvaccinated children without risking the overall public health in any significant way. Since most children are vaccinated, our nation has enough “herd immunityâ€

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.