Saint Notker the stammerer

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Religious Questions Saint Notker the stammerer

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  jounderw 4 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

5xthefun

Anyone heard of St. Notker?
    My son is a stutterer and choose St Notker for his comfirmation.
    I am looking for a holy card, metal…ect with Notker on it.
    Can anyone help????
    Thank you.

angelenesmom

Hey! I found this for you and although I wasn’t able to find a medal or prayer card I would recommend reading up on him and his history there is a link at this little nuns blog for him, here is the link http://asksistermarymartha.blogspot.com/2009/12/raining-not-kats-and-dogs.html
    I know you probably have hundreds but you might want to get your son a special set of Rosary Beads for his Confirmation if you can’t find a medal or even if you can. Anyway, I got a kick out of the blog link I gave you and I hope you have a little smile after reading it too, it made me think of Mother Angelica!

With Love in Christ,
    Kathleen

5xthefun

Thank you Kathleen.
    My son had to do a paper on St. Notker so we already know all about his life. And yes, he has many rosery beads. :)
    What I ended up doing was printing the picture of St. Notker and framing it. I am still hoping to find a medal or holy card some day.
    I enjoyed Sister Mary Martha’s blog. She seems like quite the character!
    ~Grayce

jayceehu

Notker the Stammerer (Notker Balbulus), also called Notker the Poet or Notker of Saint Gall (c. 840 – 6 April 912), was a musician, author, poet, and Benedictine monk at the Abbey of Saint Gall in modern Switzerland. …

jounderw

I have not heard of this Saint but I am always looking to expand my knowledge with the Catholic church. Thanks for some of the insight, I am going to look further into it in the next couple of days and if I find some good stuff I am going to introduced him to my Sunday School class and our curriculum on Sunday.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.