sad and confused

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics sad and confused

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  all4my7 2 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ann68

Hello, I am a Mom of 5 and I just had a miscarriage at 11 weeks. The sadness and grief are so intense right now. In addition to our loss we are faced with the decision of whether or not we should try again. I am over 40, with other physical and emotional issues. My doctor has even suggested a hysterectomy for female problems I have. I have had many miscarriages, and my doctor said if I got pregnant again I would be high risk. While I long for a baby, which I know would also bring healing, my head tells me the writing is on the wall that my body is worn out. I also don’t think I can handle the emotions of going through all of this again. First, I ask for your prayers, and second, I ask for any thoughts on where the Church stands with situations like mine. We have always been open to new life, but is this one of those times when God is telling us it’s time to move to the next stage in our lives? I”m so confused.

bgonzo

Hello Anna,

I am new here and a mom of five, too. I am also over 40 and have had 3 miscarriages. The first was my second pregnancy and I was still young, still hurt non the less. My second was when I was 37, it nearly took my life. I had to have blood transfusions. God gave us another the following year. This pregnancy was hard, I was on bedrest for most of it and almost lost him 3 times. He was born 3 weeks early but in perfect health. He is now 7 years old and a lively young boy. :lol: I did get pregnant again and miscarried that one too. Pray and I will pray with you. The best advice I can give you is to talk to your priest. I tried to look it up in the Catechism of the Catholic Church and was unable to locate anything specific. BTW, I have not had any more pregnancies since. Keep me posted!

rydon

Hi Anna.

First of all ((((hugs)))). I miscarried my first baby and know what a heartache it is to loose someone so precious to you. Even though my baby would have been 6 this year, I still feel the pain of the loss and find peace in knowing that Mother Mary is holding my baby in her arms until I can see her again when I get to heaven. Mother Mary is holding yours too right now.

I wouldn’t take it as a sign, just as a trial from God to make us more pure. We can chose to be bitter or we can choose to bless him and thank him for the little life we carried for a short time, knowing that this child is now with him and smiling down on us.

Remember that Mother Mary lost her only son too, and this helps us to identify even more with her. Ask her intercession with the full knowledge that she truly knows what you are going through right now. It may not make it easier right now, but over time it will give comfort.

Peace be with you.

all4my7

Hi Anna. While I have no experience with miscarriage, I send you all the hugs I have. I do have friends and family members that have gone through that tragic loss. I am a mom of 7. My husband and I were feeling the same type of confusion so we did go and talk to our priest. It was the best thing I ever did.

If you want to pm me, I’d be happy to talk to you about our situation.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.