Reconcile questions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tana 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jean

Hello!

I am new to Catholic moms, and am a mom but not a Catholic. I found your site on the internet, I’ve been “exploring” Catholocism. I’m Protestant but feel drawn to the Catholic faith. (It’s a strange feeling because there are things in the Catholic belief system that I have had a hard time with,as I have been raised and am currently Protestant). Can anyone recommend any reading material/help?
    I greatly appriciate your time! Thanks,

Jean

tana

Catholicism for Dummies. Not that you are included in that group. Some may recommend that Catechism, but it isn’t worded for those that are searching-it’s a great book but comes across bookish. Save that for when you have a better understanding. Does that make sense?

Any book by Scott Hahn and This is the Faith-very straight forward and down to earth explainations.

And lastly, I offer my services, as poor as they are, if you need to bounce a question off of someone. May our dear Lord draw you ever closer to Him, Tana

westcoastmum

Hello and welcome!

I would really recommend “Rome Sweet Home” by Scott and Kimberley Hahn (not sure if I spelled her name correctly). It is the story of their conversion and was very helpful to some of my friends who were raised Protestant/no real denomination and considering Catholicism. I’m a cradle Catholic, but I loved reading their stories. Very inspirational – and very informative.

Best,

Karen

jean

Thank you both so much! I am sorry I guess I should have posted under “general questions” I am still figuring out online communication!

tana

No worries. . . .I am sure no one minds. Tana

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.