Recipes for success. . . .

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Recipes for success. . . .

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  michelle123 8 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tana

Now that we are in Ordinary Time, I’d like to know what your favorite dish for Lent is. . . . trying to get together a list of recipes for next year. Seems the troops are worn out on fish sticks, fish sandwhiches and tuna cassarole. Tana

anonymous

We usually do a meatless spaghetti or fish tacos (may sound gross but are delicious), vegetable soup, tuna sandwichs, and baked fish. When we get tired of that we will make meatless chili or even just have cereal or pancakes/waffles for dinenr.

anonymous

oops! I double posted!

amby

Meatless Lasagna.. MM good.
    Baked Spaghetti, w/ cheese on top.
    Tuna Melt. (make your tuna salad, put on top of garlic bread, top with mozzarella cheese. Bake for as long as it takes to make the garlic bread)
    Salmon Patties
    Shrimp Stir Fry
    Boca Burgers

There are so many options. And we do no meat the entire lent.

michelle123

Macaroni & Lentils….cheap, easy, and delicious!

Take a bag of dried lentils, rinse, pick out any bad ones, and put in pot with water coming up about two inches above the lentils. Add chopped onion, a good big splash of olive oil, a couple tablespoons of butter, salt, pepper. Cover, bring to a boil and then lower heat to simmer until lentils are tender. Cook a package of linguine or fettucini and add to lentils. Add more salt & pepper as needed. Add some parmeasan cheese. You may also need to add more water to this if the lentils absorbed a lot of it.
    It should be like a really thick soup.

MMMMMM.

Sorry this is sort of a vague recipe. I mostly wing it when I cook.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.