RCIA

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  teresa_marie 6 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

teresa_marie

Hi mamas. I had my first RCIA class on Wednesday- ROCKIN!

There were just three of us, Father and one Sister.

The two others inthe class were both Catholic- I don’t know why they were there other than to learn more about their faith.

It was just for inquiry. I only had one question and at about 8:30 we had refreshments.

And thanks to Sister I am now the Children’s Library Assistant for Faith Formation LOL!

Oh and I could be writing the bulletins- needless to say our nun is persistant.

I need to head out but wanted to give you all a heads up.

Oh and Kailey starts Faith Formation this Sunday- I am so excited for her!

ashersmomma

How awesome Teresa!! Its going to be an incredible year! I loved my RCIA class and my sponser….so filled with love and wisdom. My class consisted of about 15 candidates/catechumens (sp?) plus sponsers. Be happy that your class is smaller, we often didnt have time during class to ask alot of questions or really dive deep into subjects….we had homework, but at least it was interesting homework! I’ll be praying that the Lord places wise instuctors in your path who can effectively teach you all that you need to know…but you already sound pretty knowledgable! Many blessings, Gina N.

djgang

I started RCIA a month ago…appears to be about 25 in our class…I wonder how many will make it :roll:

I’ve been thinking and learning about the Catholic faith for about four years now…so, it’s about time for me to start the process and I can’t wait!

Dana

teresa_marie

Dana- you have me curious. What do you mean by you wonder how many will make it?
    This isn’t a contest and I find it potentially hurtful that you might be judging others based on your own standards. I hope this is’n't the case.

djgang

@Teresa_Marie wrote:

Dana- you have me curious. What do you mean by you wonder how many will make it?
    This isn’t a contest and I find it potentially hurtful that you might be judging others based on your own standards. I hope this is’n't the case.

Wow…didn’t mean to come across as judging…

well over half of the people in my class have stated that they are just there to inquiry..

I can see that just maybe a sense of humor is not welcomed here..so I will say good-bye.

However, thanks for being worried about me being judgmental..I appreciate it.

teresa_marie

I’m glad that you weren’t being judgmental toward others who are inquiring about Catholicism- thank you for clarifying.

I think it’s great that there are people who want to join the RCIA classes for a better understanding of our faith, that can only be a good thing.

Good luck to you!

teresa_marie

Oh I am so disappointed in myself. I’ve missed the last two classes.

The first was becasue my husband didn’t come home until after 7 pm (when the class starts), in fact he arrive at 8:45.

Last Wednesday I missed because I fell asleep. I am so tired in the afternoons. I literally have to fight sleep from the minute we get home at 3:15 until bedtime at 9 pm. I’m having blood work done this week to rule out a bunch of issues and to get medical care for my symptoms, but explaining this to people feels like making excuses. So I don’t even bother. As long as God knows what’s up I’m good.

twinbabes

I am not from the US. I live in Canada.
    I am wondering what is RCIA?
    I am guessing it is Catholic but what is it. Could someone fill me in?

teresa_marie

RCIA stands for Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults

twinbabes

Thanks.
    Is it a catechism for Adults to learn more about our faith. Or is it people that have become catholic for the first time. I’m just wondering.
    thanks Brenda

teresa_marie

It both. Adults in the community are free to join RCIA as well as converts and those who are Catholic. It’s a time to learn and grow in the Catholic faith.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.