Raising Kids

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  jamieanne 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rischa

I just wanted to ask some of the other moms out there a question. I have two great kids . Our son is 2 years old and is our little superman he feels he can do anything including not listening and throwing these horrible tantrums when he does not get his way. I have tried almost everything and would just like some advice from other moms has to what they have tried that works or helps with this stage. thanks rischa

jamieanne

My daughter was a tantrum-thrower when she was 2 & 3 years old, too. What usually worked was to pick her up at the beginning of the tantrum and put her in our spare room (where there were no toys for her to throw), and let her scream & pound the floor to her heart’s content for a few minutes. I wanted her to know that it’s okay to be angry but also that it’s not acceptable to hit or throw things to get attention. She completely outgrew the tantrums by the time she was 4 as she learned to express her emotions verbally.

I think that one reason some kids are prone to throwing tantrums is because they’re frustrated at not being able to express what’s wrong or what they want. And also some kids would rather have negative attention than no attention, so they grab every chance to act up just to get a reaction.

Good luck with your little guy–he WILL grow out of this (eventually)! :roll:

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.