Pregnancy & Road to Calvary

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Raising Great Kids! Pregnancy & Road to Calvary

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  blessed3x 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

josie

Hey, I am wondering if any of you have any thoughts about the parallels between pregnancy and Christ’s Passion/Walk to Calvary. Like for instance, 3 trimesters & Christ’s 3 falls. I was also thinking how labor is the only time I can think of that where you experience physical pain for such an awesome good – just as Christ did. Does anyone else have any other analogies or thoughts on this?
    -Josie

That’s really interesting!

this just popped in my head but aren’t we pregnant for 40 weeks? The number 40 is very significant in the Bible. (Jesus spent 40 days walking/praying (?), the great flood lasted 40 days and nights)
    I’ll think of some more soon, I’m sure.

Neat topic!

blessed3x

wow! I did not realize, you guys are awesome.
    I know I offered up my nausea on the 1st trimester from my last baby and my actual pregnancy. I was on 2 different med’s which didn’t seem to help but by the time the doctor was about to prescribe a different kind I said, you know what I’ll just stop taking these med’s and will just offer it up.
    For my 2nd trimester I had terrible head pounding headaches which I also offered up, but this time they did not last as long as I thought, so by 5 months I was alright.
    Now as I slowly enter my 3rd trimester I’ve been feeling the baby is sitting very low to the point it hurts towards he bottom. I’ve been using maternity belts and undies to help support the weight during the day and also offering it up to God and just hoping for a healthy baby.
    I must say I did great from my first baby, but I guess age does matter too and our body’s elasticity is not the same but our children are precious gifts God gives us.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.