Prayers requested

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Marriage Forum Prayers requested

This topic contains 18 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  celticspirit 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author

amby

Please pray for my husband and myself. I’ve been feeling the call to be a SAHM and homeschool my kids. My kids are still very young so I have time before I start schooling. Recently my husband has been cut back to only part time hours at work. It’s been very rough, we may end up loosing our house. Which would be okay, because it has been taking 2 incomes to keep anyway. We are going to send him back to school to finish his degree, so hopefully in 3 years (when I start schooling) he will have a good job and I can stay home.

momsaint

Amber,
    I will pray for you and your family. I can only imagine how stressful this situation is for you right now. I applaud your positive attitude about the future ( your home, DH’s degree and homeschooling your children ). Sometimes what seems like a set back is really a blessing. Take care and God bless.
    Erica

2sweeties

Amber,

Praying for you and dh. I completely understand financial frustrations, but God always comes through. Please keep on with the positive thinking!!!! :D

mama2_boys

Amber,

I will be praying as well. I totally understand your desire to be a SAHM. I too have felt that call recently. I am a teacher and am very thankful for my summers. Right now though I really feel a strong call to stay home with my boys. I have been praying a lot about this and the lines of communication with my DH have been opening up about this possibility. I will pray that this may become more of a reality for you as well. I will also be praying for your financial situation. I know the stress that this can often cause. I really admire your ability to see the positive in a tough situation. We never know what the Lord has in store for us. We just have to continue to ask him to show us how to live out his will in our lives and trust in Him that He will be with us always. Keep us posted.

Love and prayers!

amby

Thanks for your prayers. I can have nothing but faith. I’m a recent convert, just baptized Easter 2005!! I am growing in my Faith, coming closer to God and it just seems things keep trying to pull me away. But I won’t let it happen. I finally found the Truth I was searching for and nothing will tear me away from God now.
    Of course when it rains it pours and I know there is a Rainbow at the end of the storm. God always sends me Rainbows. I have no doubt that this trial will produce wonderful fruit. Just getting through without having a nervous breakdown will be the challenge.

michelle123

Also praying for you, Amber!

I love your positive attitude! God doesn’t give us anything we can’t handle…and he has a reason for everything that happens (although we may not see it at the time!)

God bless!!

amby

DH has an interview for a supervisor spot at Borders (it’s a book store) this afternoon.
    Please remember us. We really need the money, he will only make probably 10.00 an hour, but it will help him get through school. Let’s just hope the interview goes well. :?

We have made the decision to sell the house. I’m tired of living beyond our means. If I’m going to homeschool in the next 2.5-3 years then we won’t be able to afford our current home.
    so when we sell it, we will just rent for awhile until we can find another home we like that isn’t so expensive. :P

mama2_boys

Amber,

I am glad to hear that things are starting to happen for you. I am sure that the decision to sell you home has been a tough one to come to. I am also sure that it must be a big relief to have come to that decision (like a huge weight has been lifted.) I’ll continue to pray that you find the direction that you need.

2sweeties

I will say a prayer for your dh, and for your home situation. Selling can be stressful, so I pray that it all goes smoothly and the transition to renting goes well for all of you. Please keep the updates coming!

momsaint

Amber, I am still praying for you and your family. I know everything will work out for the best :D . Erica

theresageo

Dear Amber,

It sounds like you have had to make so many important decisions in the last year! It also sounds like you are discerning what is really important and what is God’s will. When you children are grown, it won’t matter what kind of house you lived in…only that it was filled with love and you were there as much as you could be. After I had Angeline in April 2004, I decided to cut my part time hours down to 1 1/2 days. The pay is pretty good, so it was a big sacrifice to do that! It took alot of trust in God. We would also like to move out of the city, but I know it’s more important right now to be here as much as possible…Angeline is a high need child and I couldn’t leave her with anyone. Plus, I also plan to homeschool her when it’s time, even though my other children are in Catholic school now. My house is loving home and that’s what counts.

I hope everything goes well with your husband…please let us know! I’ll say a prayer for all of you.

Blessings,
    Theresa

amby

Hey All! My husband got the Job!! It’s $9.00 an hour, but it’ll be okay. We are still going to sell the house. I believe that the Holy Spirit was trying to tell us something and it seems when we started to work towards this goal things started happening.
    So DH has a job, we will sell the home, and he will go back to school. Then God-willing when he is finished with school I can stay with my kids.

mama2_boys

That is so good to hear!! Keep us posted!

2sweeties

Congratulations! I’m so glad to hear things are working out. Please keep us updated! :D

momsaint

Amber, that is great! I will continue to remember you in my prayers. Erica

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.