Prayer Request

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Prayer Request

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  michelle123 7 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

harp_mom

Hello ladies, I am writing to ask for your prayers. Fifteen years ago I was diagnosed with a disease which took the central vision in my right now. Now the disease is affecting my “good eye.” My treatment options are limited because I am also 7 weeks pregnant. I’ve had 3 miscarriages, (two since January) and am afraid to be too hopeful that this baby will survive. If he/she does it may mean that I would end up functionally blind. My husband and I prayed to Pope John Paul II for a family and soon after we found out my son John Paul had been conceived. We are now asking his intercession that we may be blessed with a healthy baby, and that my eyes remain healthy too.
    Thank for for your prayers!! I really need them right now!

rosannajames

Praying for you! I will also send your intention to the Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters who pray before the Blessed Sacrament 24/7! Here is their site:

http://www.adorationsisters.org/requests.html

God bless and help you always in Jesus name we pray!

ashersmomma

Im so sorry for your two recent losses. I have also had two miscarriages, my 2nd was actually just in May. I totally understand not wanting to be too hopeful about this pregnancy. I know I will feel the same way the next time we are pregnant. My husbnad and I have actually decided that we arent even going to tell but only a few select people when we do get pregnant. Once we are in the 2nd Tri. then I might be able to take a sigh of relief and share the good news. It was just so hard having friends come up to me and ask how the pregnancy is going or (and this one hurt) “you dont look pregnant at all!”
    Do remember this though, this baby, along with the other 2 deserve rejoicing. No matter how short their little lives may be, they are still such wonderful blessings and all of heaven rejoices for the new and innocent little souls that are brought up to glorify Him. God bless you for keeping this pregnancy, I know in your mind there was of course no doubt, but so many other women who’s health would be in jeaopardy would have probably chosen differently and I pray for your courage.
    Not even the angels were given the ability to bring forth life…that, God reserved just for us and what a beautiful thing no matter how long that life might last. Be hopeful Mommy, the hand of the Lord is upon you, probably right on your sweet little belly! My prayers are with you and CONGRATULATIONS! Gina

michelle123

God bless you and your baby! I’ll say some prayers.

I also wanted suggest that you read about and consider a devotion to Saint Gianna Molla. She is a relatively new, pro-life Saint. We have a daughter named in her honor. You can read all about her life on the website link I’ll give you.

When Gianna was two months pregnant, she was told that she had a condition that would kill her unless she aborted her baby. She refused and died a martyr of the pro-life cause. There are many instances of miracles in women with difficult pregnancies.

I’ll be praying…God bless!

Try this link:

http://www.saintgianna.org

Michelle

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.