Perpetua: A Bride, A Passion, A Martyr

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Book Study & Discussion Perpetua: A Bride, A Passion, A Martyr

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ashersmomma 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

ashersmomma

HI LADIES!! I just wanted to let you know about a book a read a few years ago that Im pretty sure you all will just love. I could not put it down! Its a Catholic book but I think any Chrisitan woman would love it. I ended up being confirmed with the name Perpetua because I developed such a love for her. Its about Saint Perpetua and her journey of becoming a Christian to her marytrdom. Its inspirational, its a romantic story and even a suspense thriller all in one. If there is one book that I could ever wish anyone to read, especially Catholic women, it would be this one. Here is what amazon.com has to say about it:

Perpetua: A Bride, A Passion, A Martyr
    by Amy Rachel Peterson
    30 used & new available from $3.17

Book Description
    Perpetua is an historical novel based on the real life and death of a young Roman noblewoman. Perpetua was martyred in the amphitheater of Carthage in 203 AD, but kept a diary of her arrest and time in prison. While many martyrs were poor or illiterate, Perpetua was neither. A new mother, a noblewoman, wealthy, highly educated… she had much to lose, and she chose to give it all away for the privilege of dying for Jesus. The novel expands her diary to include the less than three years between her conversion and her execution. As she experiences love, life, persecution and self-discovery, we are taken along on her heart journey. All the while danger is building … the shadow of death encroaches … betrayal and jealousy threaten to expose her faith to the Roman authorities. And by the time she is willing, even eager, to give her life, we are with her rejoicing at the chance to die, hoping for the same chance ourselves.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.