Novenas… Is there a correct way to do them?!

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Religious Questions Novenas… Is there a correct way to do them?!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  julierybs 7 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sahm-o-my

I’ve been doing some Novenas for improvements in my homemaking, our finances, and other things. I use Virtual Rosary, which is wonderfully helpful! It gives me the prayers according to the day of the week (mysteries for Rosary), for each Rosary bead, etc. So, I don’t need to know the correct prayers.

What I’d like to know is how you offer up your intentions for the Novena. Is it like the Rosary where you mention your intentions beforehand, then Pray the whole Rosary? That is actually how I’m doing my Novenas, as it appears to use the same Rosary beads (Virtual Rosary keeps track of each bead, as well).

I assume I’m doing something correctly, as I have noticed improvements from praying these Novenas and it has been a great experience.

In all, I’m sure, it really doesn’t technically matter, as God understands and I’m praying, not to mention, making a very valid effort, wich is the important part. However, I still would really like to know and am interested in any other information relating to Novenas that anyone would like to share!

julierybs

Hi SAHM-OH-MY,

What kind of novena are you doing? There are many different ways to do it. Basically, a novena is any prayer you say over nine hours, or nine days, or nine weeks. There is also a populare 30-day Eucahrist novena. Many prayers used for novenas have a place in the middle to state your intention. The most important thing to remember is that God knows what your heart’s desires are… so even if you can’t perfectly articulate them, you are getting your intentions across.

I hope this helps!

Julie

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.