Newbie with Question about starting Moms Group….

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Apostolate of Holy Motherhood Newbie with Question about starting Moms Group….

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  theinquiringmind 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

…Hi,I’m in Houston and have recently moved to a parish where the congregation are mostly older and less involved. This parish has 8000+ families but at a Respect for Life meeting,only about 4 of us showed up. Social Concerns,Knights of Columbus has few too………………Long story short,When I lived in the midwest,there was a ministry there called M.O.M.S. (Ministry of Moms Sharing). A wonderful journal type moms group that requ’d us to journey within ourselves more,whatnot. I’d like to start something AT THIS PARISH but don’t know how. I’ve tried contacting old friends from the city I used to live in but came up short with actual insight,information about the program too. Any help,inisight is appreciated. Thank you!!!

Hi,

I don’t know what you’ve tried yet, but here are some ideas: talk to your priest and other people who are in leadership positions within your parish ~ there might be other interested mom’s there that they know about. Try doing the same thing with people at a near by parish; it might be something that could be done jointly. See if you can get an announcement about it put in your church bulletin. Don’t forget to introduce yourself to other moms after Mass! Take the time to get to know some of them! You all just may start up a group as an extention of your new friendships!

God Bless

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.