This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  doloreseve 2 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

cincyamy

Hi!

I am brand new to this website. I surfed on, and I’m glad I found it! My husband Brian and I have been married for 2 1/2 years and live happily in Cincinnati, OH. We have one child, Monica Clare, born November 13, 2008 (13 months old). We’re trying for baby #2.

I am longing for adult contact, specifically with other moms, and even more for Catholic women contacts. I’m in MOPS – and love it, but I need a Catholic network. What is hard about my region is that so few women my age (mid-20′s) are practicing Catholics AND stay-at-home moms. I have very few people I can call in the middle of the day just to chat!

Anyhow, I have high hopes for this website!

annikarch

Hi-
    I just came across this website today and joined…I, too, am a SAHM with 3 young children, ages 3.5, 2 and 5 months. My husband and I have been married 5.5 years now and I converted to Catholicism 5 years ago this Easter.

Like you, I am longing for some adult interaction…especially with other Catholic moms!!! I just tried MOPS last month, I was able to make it to one meeting…i had fun, but i could definitely tell something was missing…and for me, that was Catholicism.

Hopefully we can connect with conversation…I am always pondering my role as a Catholic mother and my role as a stay at home mom…two things I would have never imagined for my life 10 years ago, but am so thankful for today.

God bless,
    Annika

cincyamy

Hi Annika! I don’t know why this website doesn’t alert me to new messages. I was bored and browsing when I found your reply.

I found out this morning that I’m pregnant with baby #2! I’m pretty excited! It’s also quite frightening at the same time. I’m five weeks tomorrow.

In terms of “something missing” at MOPS meetings, I always feel a little bad saying that, because it makes me feel as though I’m trying to be superior to Protestants or something, but I truly do feel that something is missing!

I’d love to keep in contact. Just reply or message me – whatever you can do on this website. I’ll try to check back soon.

annikarch

Hi-
    Sorry it has been a while since i checked this site…yes, let’s keep in touch. Personally, I am still trying to figure out how to navigate this website! Congratulations on your pregnancy! so exciting!!!
    -Annika

doloreseve

Hi I am a new member! I hope you women are still on here I would love to talk with you. I have been to MOPS as well but I am just discovering the Catholic church and believe the Holy Spirit has led me back to it after hard times.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.