New here…I think I’ve finally been called!!

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics New here…I think I’ve finally been called!!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  johnson8 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

maureensavon

Hello all! I have lurked here before, way in the past, I was also on the eGroup for a time…I’ve been struggling with getting back to the Church for some time, never doing all that I could as a wife and mother…but I had the most amazing morning!!

My husband and I have been having a rough time lately, because of my lack of responsibility is fulfilling my domestic obligations…this has been a thorn in the side of our marriage for some time now…I have been trying to get the house in order, as three of our children are being baptized on Sunday, and we’re having people to the house afterward.

My youngest son (5 months) was up VERY early this morning, and I was looking about at the mess, knowing that I should get cleaned up, but not really wanting to. But I started anyway, begrudgingly, knowing that it HAD to be done. After a bit, I felt like God was right behind me, cheering me on!

In my heart, I heard him tell me what a blessing it is to actually have a family to take care of, and how I honor him by being the best wife and mother that I can be. I went to 8AM Mass (part of my Lenten sacrifice as well) and it was as if I could feel God smiling upon me.

I continued working when I got home, and it felt so amazing, God was speaking to my heart, telling me how much I was blessing my family, and honoring him. It felt like my own personal “calling”! I just washed dishes, and cried with joy!!!

I may sound a bit odd, but I finally felt that after nearly 9 years of marriage, and 4 children, that I am doing right my God and my family, and I’ve really been called to motherhood!! I don’t know how else to describe it!!!

I am just so filled with joy right now!!!

PS—Can’t wait to get to know you all!! LOL

rosannajames

Good for you! I think at times we are all in the same boat as far as struggling with getting things done. I find that it really helps me too when I pray ahead of time for help to get my duties accomplished. Thanks for sharing and welcome! I’m sending you a private message as well! God bless!

Rosannajames

johnson8

What a beautiful post to read this morning! God Bless you and your family. I’m looking forward to getting to know you as well. :)
    Welcome!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.