Needing help and prayers….

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Needing help and prayers….

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  pmw 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

newmommy84

Hello all. I’m new here, and not quite a mommy yet– I’m about 8 weeks along with our first child. I stumbled across this website in an attempt at some advice/comfort/guidance….

My husband and I were married this past April. We practiced NFP, and were neither trying to achieve or avoid a pregnancy- we were open to what God wanted. I know it is my vocation to be a mother, I’ve known it since I was a young girl. So I am very happy to be pregnant- but now am worried.

I graduated from college in May and have no job. My husband makes very little income. We literally survive paycheck to paycheck. Do I get a job only in 9 months have to leave it because our child is born? Now I fear that we were selfish bringing a child into this world. I know it is not just my husband and I who played a role in this conception- God gave us this gift and we shouldn’t despair.

So I suppose I’m asking for prayers, and guidance….any help whatsoever would be very appreciated. God bless all you wonderful people out there!

pmw

Hi, I joined this site just to reply to your comment. I too stumbled across this site looking for guidance. But, I am just having a difficult day! I hope that hearing about my experiences will help you.
    I am pregnant with my seventh child. I am 29 yrs old, my husband is 27. We had our oldest child when I was 20, but my husband was only 18. We were not married, yet, and he was still in high school! As you can imagine it was a very difficult time, so I feel somewhat qualified to answer your questions.
    First, the financial issue: surviving paycheck to paycheck is very frustrating, I know, but there are worse things that can happen. We did it for years. Also, try to find things you can cut back on. Things you have always thought were “necessary” might actually be luxuries. For instance, I haven’t bought paper towels in years! We also never paid the money to have cable TV, we buy used clothing, we buy used furniture etc. Our house is no showroom, but we are all very happy here. After years of pinching pennies, I finally realized possessions only tie you down anyway.
    Second, every single child is a gift from God. Never, ever, ever allow yourself to feel selfish for giving another person life! The world would have us all believe that children should only be born seldom and into ideal circumstances. The truth is much more simple: children should be born!
    The birth and months following my first child were very traumatic for me. But, the lessons I learned have helped me endlessly! If I hadn’t gone through that major growing pain, I would never be where I am today. Be proud of your gift! Ask the Blessed Mother for guidance frequently. And give your financial situation over to St. Joseph, he works miracles!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.