mom sad

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  twinbabes 7 years ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

angelseeker

Hi, I have a question about my mother who is a Polish National Catholic. She had a really bad MD in the later 70s who said she was miscarrying her baby who was about 5-6 mos along because she was bleeding and performed an abortion on her which she agreed to even though she was not quite sure he was right. She’s haunted by the situation, the blood/body parts, the trauma to this day and thinks she is going to hell and that the baby could have been saved if she had gone on bedrest or something…

She has talked about converting but doesn’t really feel too enthused about it and says she does NOT want to publically do RCIA or have the ceremony at Mass. She’s very proud/private woman. I think if she converted and was able to recieve communion and especially go to confession she could really heal. I’ve tried to encourage her but she just doesn’t seem to think her immortal soul is a priority, and thinks she can convert on her deathbed like her F-i-l. Is there any prayer I can say, maybe a novena to open her heart/encourage her? I am at a loss about what to do. I wish I could share the type of healing I get by going to confession with her, but she needs to convert her heart first. :cry:

twinbabes

Hi there. My prayers are with you. I have a novena that you could pray to.
    To St. Anthony, The Wonder-Worker
    in any need.
    St. Anthony, you are glorious for your miracles and for the condescension of Jesus who came as a little child to lie in your arms. Obtain for me from His bounty the grace which I ardently desire. You were so compassionate toward sinners, do not regard my unworthiness. Let the glory of God be magnified by you in connection with the particular request that I earnestly present to you (name it).
    As a pledge of my gratitude I promise to live more faithfully in accordance with the teachings of the Church, and to be devoted to the service of the poor whom you loved and still love so greatly. Bless this resolution in mine that I may be faithful to it until death.
    St. Anthony, consoler of all the afflicted, pray for me.
    St. Anthony, helper of all who invoke you, pray for me.
    St. Anthony, whom the Infant Jesus loved and honored so much, pray for me.

You can pray this for nine days in succession in petition for some favor.
    May God be with you and your mother and I will pray for her.
    God Bless!!
    Brenda

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.