Miscarriage support?

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Miscarriage support?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  servanttoheaven 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

snowspedie

This is my first post on this site as I am a new member as of tonight. I have been Catholic all of my life. I’m happily married and have a wonderful 20 month old son who is the light of my life. This past week, at 13 weeks pregnant, I had a miscarriage. I have been looking for Catholic support groups for miscarriages and pregnancy loss but have been unable to find any. Does anyone know of an online Catholic support group or forum for women who have had a pregnancy loss? This is all very fresh for me still, as it only happened a few days ago. I would appreciate any info./ help you could offer.
    Thank you and God Bless.

catholicmoms

Dear snowspedie,
    I am so sorry for your loss! I will pray for you and your baby.

I had a miscarriage at 5 months and it was very, very sad. I understand the grief you are experiencing. I know it is very difficult to understand right now, but God is Good and He has a plan for you.

I don’t know of any online support groups, however, maybe some other women will post replies on this forum that will be helpful to you.

God Bless You and Your Family,
    Renee, moderator[/i]

Dear snowspedie,

I send my deepest condolences to you and your family. I will keep you in my prayers.

Just over a year ago, I too lost a child, Thomas. I was 19 weeks and four days along. Over the last year or so I’ve gone searching for some Catholic forums for mothers of babies lost to miscarriage or stillbirth…but I’ve found none unfortunately.

Please feel free to contact me anytime to talk about your loss. I know it helps to talk about it. For the longest time I felt like no one wanted to hear anything about my loss because it was tragic and I cried a lot. And it made people uncomfortable. But I didn’t cry because they were bringing it up. I cried because I missed my son, and my arms were empty when I came home from the hospital. And honestly it was comforting for people to bring it up and recognize him.

Hugs to you. And like I said, you are in my prayers. Did you name your angel baby?

Celeste
    lifeyasawifey.blogspot.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.