Marriage prep for our daughter

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Marriage Forum Marriage prep for our daughter

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  gelique 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

lello

Need suggested reading, tapes, cds, etc. for our daughter and her fiance to help them plan for a Sacramental wedding. She has a planning book for all the basic wedding stuff, but need ideas on how to make the day more spiritual for them and those in attendance. Ideas please!

michelle123

Not sure what you mean by a “Sacramental wedding?” Marriage is a sacrament, but it sounds like she is planning it outside the Church?

If your daughter is doing her Marriage Preparation classes (Used to be called Pre-Cana – what do they call it now? I forget!) the instructors should be able to give them an idea of how the Mass will be.

Our Priest gave us the “book” that you use to select readings, etc. they have one for funerals, too! :wink: We sat down with the Priest and picked everything out and discussed it. We even went “outside the book” with a Gospel reading that was relevant and was one of our favorites.

Our Church has certain music guidelines, as well.

If you’re talking about helping non-Catholics undestand what is going on…we did a wedding program book. It explained some things, and helped the non-Catholics follow the parts of the Mass more easily.

Hope this helps?

lotusblossom

Well, not that this would help outwardly make it more “sacramental” but I would suggest they read Three to Get Married by Fulton Sheen for their own preparation. It always helps to have that in your mind.

Everything I did for my wedding to make it more about the sacrament and marriage than the hoopla day was from suggestions of other Catholic friends and ideas of DH and mine. :)

gelique

marriage should always sacramental.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.