March of Dimes, Walk America 2007

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Raising Great Kids! March of Dimes, Walk America 2007

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  anewlight07 7 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

anewlight07

Removed, we *were* going to participate. Disregard that… 8O

josie

I really think you need to investigate March of Dimes more closely. I’m sure you didn’t realize it but March of Dimes presents abortion as an alternative for pre-born babies with birth defects.

Please read these articles:

http://www.lifeissues.org/marchofdimes/premiebirthlink.html

http://www.pregnantpause.org/people/mod3.htm

http://www.euthanasia.com/dimes.html

There are many other groups out there that are 100% good – you should support them. I haven’t done much research on it but I’ve heard of a group called, “The Michael Fund” which labels itself as a pro-life alternative to March of Dimes.

It is pretty important to not promote March of Dimes. Just thought you’d probably like to know.

God bless,
    Josie

mrscharliej

I was about to post the same reply as Josie.

The March of Dimes certainly sends out a very loud and clear message: we can rid the world of defects by simply eliminating the “defective” population.

It’s so disappointing to find out a group/company/organization that we supported or used supports abortion. :cry: Our family has had to make several (relatively small) lifestyle changes because of that same problem.

Sometimes it’s even hard to find something comparable that doesn’t support abortion, but I’d reccomend doing some internet searches so you can support another charity of the same kind in the same way you love so much. It’ll be a huge message to your children when you stop doing the thing you love because of their promotion of abortion.

It’s been a profound statement to my children, who now stand up for similar problems on their own. When American Girl started promoting a group that encourages young girls in “choices” such as abortion and lesbianism, my 10-year-old daughter decided not to buy from AG with her Christmas money that year and wrote them a letter. :D (AG stopped this promotion btw.)

I pray that you find this as a great opportunity for your family to stand firmly as a witness to what’s good and right. Otherwise, it can get really disheartening!

God bless,

anewlight07

Okay, wow, didn’t know that. Of course, that isn’t something they advertise, obviously. No offense intended.

I also never realized until recently that MMR vaccines were cultivated in dead fetuses at times (disgusting), either.

Then again, no one really talks about these things. I would never have thought of AG promoting lesbian lifestyles and abortion–how bizarre, but, I wouldn’t be surprised. After all, anymore we have to be “tolerant” of everyone and everything (my thought is, what’s next? Open acceptance of freaks like NAMBLA?)

Oh well, we can definitely find other things to do. We spent yesterday picking citrus fruit for the United Food Bank. At least I know that is a good cause…I hope??? I certainly haven’t heard anything to the contrary.

Will do a bit of looking around for a new group that supports research for helping children with birth defects and prematurity (help them as in keep them from dying, that is, not to weed them out). We’ve done walks for juvenile diabetes and childhood cancers in the past. Now I’m almost afraid of what I lent support to.

Oh well, live and learn.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.