Know any good quotes?

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Know any good quotes?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  lt 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

ashersmomma

Here are my 3 favorites:

“Faith and reason are like two wings on which the human spirit rises to the contemplation of truth.” Pope John Paul II

“In order to gain wisdom, you must learn to love to be wrong.” Professor Tallman

“Without procedure we become victims to the wicked forces of chaos.” Buzz Lightyear

michelle123

“To raise a child in the way they should go….travel that way yourself once in a while.” – Josh Billings

b]As the family goes, so goes the nation and so goes the whole world in which we live.[/b]

Pope John Paul II

catholicmoms

“Pray, Hope, and Don’t Worry” – St. Pio of Pietrelcina

This is one of my favorites:)

inhisname

“I know God will not give me anything I can’t handle. I just wish that He didn’t trust me so much”. – Mother Teresa

txmom

Preach the Gospel always, and when necessary, use words.
    - St. Francis of Assisi

It is a disservice not only to children but also to women and society itself when a women is made to feel guilty for wanting to remain in the home and nurture and care for her children. It is also necessary to counter the misconception that the role of motherhood is oppressive to women and that a commitment to her family, particularly to her children, prevents a women from reaching personal fulfillment and from having an influence on society. No response to women’s issues can ignore a woman’s role in the family or take lightly the fact that every new life is entrusted to the protection and care of the women carrying it in the womb.
    - quote from Pope John Paul II in the book Grace Cafe

all4my7

@TXmom wrote:

Preach the Gospel always, and when necessary, use words.
    - St. Francis of Assisi

Definitely this.
    I had a plaque when I was young that said: “Do all things with love and love will touch everything you do”

Another favorite is:

I strive to be the person my children think that I am” I also saw this on a plaque.

lt

Sorry….hit the wrong button earlier.

My favorite………….

Oh God
    help me to believe
    the truth about myself-
    no matter how beautiful it is! Macrina Wiederkehr

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.