Juggling… I mean, dropping the balls

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Marriage Forum Juggling… I mean, dropping the balls

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  deepam24 3 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

red

Hi there, I’m Red. I just signed up here because I didn’t really have anyone to talk to about this stuff. I am a Catholic mom of three beautiful children and I have a wonderful Catholic, faithful husband. I am a full-time nurse and we homeschool our oldest ( the other two are 1 and 3) most of my friends are SAH moms and don’t really understand me and I don’t want to boo-hoo to them anyway. I’m really struggling because I am not a SAH mom. I’m becoming bitter and angry towards my husband because he can’t support us and we would for sure change our lifestyle if we could sell our house. I just feel like I’m drowning because I work like crazy and my DH does a great job but I still have so much to do on my days off that I can’t seem to find time to take care of myself or spend much time with my kids. My husband gets to spend more time with them than I do and it really stinks that I’m always the bad guy because when I come home it’s bedtime. I am truly greatful for my life and I know time with the kids is of the utmost importance. I just wondered if anyone else was having trouble coping with the demands placed on them and how you all deal. I’m not usually such a downer!! But I would love to hear some discussion and get to know some other faithful women! Thanks

avemarie

Red,
    It is ironic that I just read your post. This past week has been almost a breaking point for me. I have been a SAHM for almost three years and I am really tired of it. I am not enjoying it like I thought I would. Before having children (which took 10 years) I had a great job that provided for world travel. I miss it so much. I have even been looking at going to nursing school and putting the kids in Catholic School instead of homeschooling.
    I quit my job, had natural childbirth, use cloth diapers and attachment parenting and plan to homeschool because I believe in these things and the vocation of motherhood but I have been miserable! I have prayed so much…every novena I can find! Yet, here you are a practicing nurse wanting to come home full time…it makes me feel even more guilty because there are so many mothers that want to be SAHM & can’t. Also, there are so many SAHM that really, truly love being at home caring for the kids, making a home and some even educating at home. I have prayed so hard for God to change my heart and destroy my pride so that I would love it too.
    Does this get better?! To the more “experienced” SAHM….did you go through a period where you just hated being a mom (God forgive me for thinking it much less saying it). But this is a struggle that I wonder if others have or are experiencing but are ashamed to admit much less ask for help. Thank you.

deepam24

Hi,
    I am a SAHM of 2 with #3 on the way.I had worked before baby#1.then quite my job.I stayed at home for 2 yrs and breastfed for 2 and and half yrs with my first. I loved it..but went crazy!! Then went to work for 2 years after that because i wanted to do something other than just be a mom and a wife. Had my 2nd child and i quit my job again.And right when i was thinking of going back to work,I got pregnant again.And i have to tell you,life was so hard for me while i worked,coz i still had to do all the same household chores that i did when i was a SAHM and work full-time.I have a husband that does not help around much..well..at all! Anyway, i still went to work , because i enjoyed the independence.I have to admit,i felt very guilty leaving my oldest daughter every day though and couldnt wait to come back home.Anyways, after i got pregnant with my 3rd is when i realized,maybe this is my ‘time’ in life to have children ,grow my family,and tend to their needs.I can always work after i am done doing that.Life (hopefully) will not end tommorrow! I have the rest of my life to work.But right now…this is it.This is exactly where God wants me to be.Right here,with my children.amdist all the chaos ,messy house,and dirty diapers…
    So I completely understand what you both are going through.And one is not better than the other.They both have their ups and downs.But don’t forget,that God has a plan for everyone…even YOU! you are exactly where you are supposed to be right now…doing exactly what He wants you to be doing. :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.