If you MUST shop…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  ashersmomma 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

elisa

A few things that I try to do….especially around Christmas time when it seems like the whole world is telling you to SHOP SHOP SHOP NON STOP, is

-I try to NOT go shopping on the biggest shopping days.

-I try to NOT buy items Made in China

-Boycott Wal-Mart (they support Planned Parenthood for the time being = they support abortion)

- I DO BUY things at a FAIR TRADE store because not only are you giving a nice gift, you are also giving a gift back to the person who made the item, because in fair trade, the money you spend goes back to the artist in a third wolrd country that made it.

CATHOLIC RELIEF SERVICES has a fair trade catalog/online store,
    check it out:

http://www.crsfairtrade.org/

teresa_marie

Good ideas.

I also boycott Nestle.

Instead of shopping til we drop we create homemade gifts for friends and family (we did this even before considering Catholicism).

ashersmomma

If any of you have a Hobby Lobby in your area, they are awesome. They are a Chistian company and for that reason, they are not open on Sundays! They have the most incredible sales and clearance items! Right before the end of ANY season or holiday, they have amazing markdowns. The markdowns get as low as 80% if you can hold out long enough. But if you want to still have a good selection I wouldnt wait that long. I buy for the next season’s gifts and decorations. I bought 2 leather cube ottomans (the top flips up and buckles for xtra storage) for $20 each!!! They were originally $100 each….but they were considered “winter” so they were marked down right before spring! Give yourself plenty of time to go through this store, they have the most unique things!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.