Husband stressed over NFP= Stressing me out

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Marriage Forum Husband stressed over NFP= Stressing me out

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  msc 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

msc

Hi! I’m new to this forum, and I have a BIG issue I would like some advice on. I would be extremely grateful for any advice. I’m a practicing, conservative Catholic, married to a cradle Catholic (who was basically non-practicing until sometime after we started dating.) He still has a hard time with some issues regarding nfp. I started practicing NFP (Creighton) after the birth of my 1st son. We used it successfully to avoid a pregnancy during the necessary waiting time (1st was an emergency c-section). I then became pregnant again, with my second. God had other plans for him and we lost him at birth. That was about a year and a half ago. The reason for my second son’s death- which we found out just recently, was because of a major mal-practice that also consequently made any future pregnancy extremely high risk. I live in S. America, and the technology in health care here wouldn’t be able maintain the baby’s life if I were to get pregnant. I’m a US citizen, so I could technically go to the States, but that’s kind of out of the question for now ($). (It would require me to live there for a time, then get insurance, and even with insurance, they might consider my case pre-existing.) So- basically, I’m stuck with NFP. Don’t get me wrong- I totally believe in its effectiveness and I know that it totally enhances some marriages. It’s just that I haven’t seen much success in our relationship while using NFP. I have long mucus cycles, and so we can’t have sex for 1 week- 10 days, and then add my period to the equation, and his business trips, and basically we get 2-3 chances a month. He’s starting to get extremely frustrated, and has mentioned that he thinks we need to start looking for other options- and mentioned condoms and masturbation. Both of which are totally out of the question for me (which he knows.) He also wants me to ask our priest what would be allowed. His argument being: if I got pregnant, the baby would die. We would love to have more children, but it happens to be the case that -as of yet- we can’t have more children (biologically anyway). So why would God want our marriage to struggle because of sexual frustration caused by NFP, when it would be morally wrong for me to get pregnant. I totally understand his frustration, but I don’t know what else to say to him. I really need some help from those of you out there who are successfully using NFP, and whose husbands are happy with it. We’re basically looking at the rest of my child-bearing years with it, and he’s already talking about our marriage being on the rocks because of it. We’ve just been married 4 years, and I don’t really know what to do or say at this point. I’m really stressed out because of this, as it’s so frustrating to him, and on top of this, the newly discovered fact that any future pregnancy of mine would be extremely high risk . Please help!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.