Husband questioning faith…

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Marriage Forum Husband questioning faith…

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  celticspirit 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

jennifer8001

My husband utterly confuses me sometimes… :roll:

One minute he is the ultimate faithful..and the next he’s questioning God the church and what have you…

I know that alot of people question certain things at one point or another, but this has been on going for some time now.

I also know that alot of this stems from the loss of his Mother (who died when he was 13 and left behind 3 children ages 13, 12 & 9.) She died in a very tragic car accident. I know that he has struggled with this since we got together…and understandably so…but it hurts my heart to hear him question God..such as ..Why would God see fit to take a Mother from 3 small children when the needed her more than he did? ect..ect..

I have tried giving him my own personal logic and oppinion..but that doesn’t help…so I told him to go talk to a priest and ask him these questions, after all he would be able to better answer them then I. But DH refuses to do so…he says that he knows the priest will just tell him “Because that was Gods plan.” And I say how do you know unless you ask?

He says that sometimes he thinks that God has a personal vendetta out for him…to hear this makes me sad. I told him that yes God takes life, but God also gives life…and that he has beautiful children that God gave him, he should be thankful and blessed ….

I just don’t know what else to do for him. :(

fredar

Jennifer,

I don’t know what to say, except that I will pray for you and your dh.

Freda

celticspirit

Please know that I’m praying for you and your husband. I hope that he comes to terms with things.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.