Hi

This topic contains 5 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  mrsapodaca 8 years ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

brenda_sc

I didn’t know if this post should be here or in the relgious questions board. I’m a Catholic but have not been active in years. I need counseling for a personal problem and I am ready to come back to the church. I would like counseling through the church if that is possiblem but don’t know if it is or who to contact. Money problmes would prevent me form paying much. Could anyone suggest what I should do??

fredar

Hi and welcome,

The first person I would suggest contacting is the local parish priest. He may be able to provide counselling himself, and if not, he can let you know what is available in your area. He can also assist you in returning to the Church.

Hope this helps,
    Freda

michelle123

Look up your local Catholic Charities office. In our area, at least, they offer many services like this.

God bless!

anonymous

Hi and Welcome to the boards!

Like Michelle I would suggest looking up your local Catholic Charities.

God Bless you on your road back to the Church!

britestar

Hello Brenda_sc and welcome to CatholicMoms!
    We are a wonderful supporting group of mothers, so, be at peace!
    We pray for each other and our needs. You are never forgotten on this road of life.

In regards to wondering where to get assistance in returning to the Church, if you are comfortable speaking with a parish priest, or even a priest outside your parish is totally acceptable. Even speaking with a religious sister (to clear your head on various subjects) is good, but anyway you look at it, you will do fine. Ask Our Blessed Mother to guide you, in your own words, She will help you always! After all, Mary is YOUR Mother! She listens to all her children.

Keep us posted!
    In my prayers,
    Britestar

mrsapodaca

It is always a good idea to gp to your priest and ask for guidance. If they cannot help you then they will reccomend someone who can. I would also recommend looking for a spiritual director in your diocese. Again a priest or your diocese can loacte a list of qualified spiritual directors.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.