help with discipline

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Raising Great Kids! help with discipline

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  rosejell 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

janelle

I have four children 4,8,10,12 and I had my first at 20. I’ve made every mistake along the way parenting. Now that I have really been brought back to my faith and want to live my life as a good catholic mom. I finding it so hard to discipline the proper way. Also there are certain television programs they they watch that is propably inappropiate do I forbid it? same with music sometime the beat is ok but the lyrics are horrible!

laurabear

I just got done reading an incredible Catholic parenting book. The name is Parenting with Grace, A Catholic guide to raising almost perfect children, by Gregory Popcak. He gives you information on parenting through all different stages. If you have further questions he has a website…www.exceptionalmarriages.com where you can call and either talk to the writer or other family couselors trained by the author himself. He is a family, marriage counselor who incorporates his catholic faith into parenting. All of his books are great. I recommend also ” Life shouldn’t look like this,” another by Gregory Popcak for someone choosing to look back into their faith. I have three kids under three and had my first when I was 21 so I understand some of the pressures you may be experienced. Hope this helps… Laura

joinna1

Vocational training programmes are provided to help young inmates cultivate good work habits and discipline, acquire employable skills, obtain recognised public qualifications, and engage in productive work.

Asics Shoes
    Asics Runing Shoes
    Asics Gel Shoes

joinna1

Vocational training programmes are provided to help young inmates cultivate good work habits and discipline, acquire employable skills, obtain recognised public qualifications, and engage in productive work.

Asics Shoes
    Asics Runing Shoes
    Asics Gel Shoes

joinna1

Asics Shoes
    Asics Runing Shoes
    Asics Gel Shoes

joinna1

Asics Shoes
    Asics Runing Shoes
    Asics Gel Shoes

jounderw

Listen to your heart. Your faith will guide you. If you let them do something before, don’t suddenly take it away. Make changes without causing shock in the household. We all know that consistency is key.

rosejell

You can make firm rules regarding watching television. These would remind them that their are certain shows or music which are not appropriate to their age and let them be aware of this. With regards to this, you would also set punishment to them if someone disobeyed. To lessen the irritability, it is often better to state rules and expectations verbally in a clear and simple fashion.

Another you can opt to is – as early as possible it is a good thing that you should integrate religious values to your child by simply letting them ask for forgiveness by praying for every simple lies and misbehave that they does, let them say sorry as well and let them join programs for troubled kids.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.