Getting to Know You **BUMP FOR NEW NEWBIES**

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Getting to Know You **BUMP FOR NEW NEWBIES**

This topic contains 123 replies, has 115 voices, and was last updated by  domesticated 2 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 124 total)
  • Author

rosannajames

Edited because I feel some of this info is too personal especially when anyone can read it!

Hi Ladies!

I can’t remember when I joined this group. Don’t know if I ever posted or not. Here is some info on me:

your occupation *stay at home mom

children *We had 6 boys first: 19,18,17, 16,14,13, Then 2 girls: 11, 9 Then another boy: 7, and then 2 more girls: almost 6 and 3 years

your dream job *I love to sing Christian music, so some job with singing would be awesome!

worst job you ever had *I only had a few jobs in the past and I liked them. I was a nurse’s aide, Activity Assistant and then Activity Director. I also was a server in a restuarant.

favorite time of year *I think the Fall when all the bugs are gone and it’s not too cold yet.

favorite holiday *Christmas

are you a morning or night person? *I think I am a combination

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? *Not getting enough help from the family.

favorite activity with your family? *Probably watching good movies and shows together.

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha *Singing, reading!

what is your greatest fear? *?

did you go to college? *Yes

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) *Someday I would love to go to the Holy Land. I would also like to see the Vatican and visit the Pope! :)

6girls3boys

I didn’t realize that there was a special thread just for all of us to introduce ourselves. I originally joined in September, but this time, I’ll do it the right way.

name – Marites

age – 43

spouse’s age – 47

your occupation – wife and stay at home mom

spouse’s occupation – electrical engineer

age of children – girl 19, boy 18, girl 16, girl 15, girl 13, girl 10, boy 9, boy 5, girl 2

your dream job – I have it

worst job you ever had

favorite time of year – spring

favorite holiday – Christmas

birthday – September 30

anniversary – December 30, 1985

are you a morning or night person? Definitely night

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? dirty diapers

favorite activity with your family? camping in our travel trailer/ going on vacation

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha – playing computer games with my hubby (I know, I’m not alone but it’s what I like to do – I’m a real geek)

what is your greatest fear? – death of my husband or a child

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) talk alot

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? some college, Rutgers

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) – Kauai (hubby just took me there for our 20th anniversary). I would go back again in a heartbeat. After that, New Zealand.

3boysmom

I also edited my responses since anyone can read on the forums…

your occupation SAHM that homeschools

spouse’s occupation musician/freelance photographer

your dream job aside from what I’m doing now, getting my licensure to be a Certified Nurse Midwife

worst job you ever had I worked in fast food when I was in highschool…YUK!

favorite time of year the first days of autumn

favorite holiday Christmas b/c our very large extended family comes together to hang out, play cards, eat dessert and just be with each other (no gifts are exchanged, that’s not the important part!)

are you a morning or night person? It honestly depends…

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? Not enough time in my day for everything!

favorite activity with your family? reading

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha working out or reading

what is your greatest fear? losing someone that I love

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) color=blue]clicking my fingernails together[/color]

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? I did, I attended a few different colleges, Ball State, and IU among them. My degree is a BS in Psychology with an emphasis on childhood development. I also have 2 years of nursing school under my belt and hope to go back eventually if that is what God has in store for me down the road.

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) Honestly it wouldn’t really matter as long as was with my DH…we never had a honeymoon, so this is something that we would really love to do together when the time and $$ permit…

lydiacub

Hi. I’m really new, and only recently found out I’m expecting.

name/ Lydia

age / 23 (24 in May)

spouse’s age / 29

your occupation /writer and training to be an iconographer

spouse’s occupation / attorney (currently laid off)

age of children /not yet born!

your dream job / writer/iconographer :D

worst job you ever had / A holistic veterinarians. It was truly bizarre…they did reiki therapy on rabbits.

favorite time of year / Spring and fall

favorite holiday/ That’s hard…I LOVE Christmas, but Easter is amazing, too.

birthday / May 9

anniversary/ May 21

are you a morning or night person?/ night

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?/ actually working and not being with my kids

favorite activity with your family?/ all things outdoors, and my husband and I are addicted to B movies

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? / read, take long walks.

what is your greatest fear?/ right now it would have to be childbirth

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) / wiggling my foot back and forth

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? // I have a BA in English literature and a minor in philosophy from the Catholic University of America in Washington, DC. I am planning on getting my masters in the future.

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue)// Ephesus in Turkey, Italy, the UK, Greece, Spain, Peru, Mexico again, you name it, I’d like to go.

badgarden

Since I just joined today, I love to share in the fun! :wink:

name – Ellen

age – 40 and loving it!

spouse’s age – 43

your occupation – Catholic Wham

spouse’s occupation – Chemical engineer

age of children – boy 10, boy 8 & boy 3.5

your dream job – I have it

worst job you ever had – “babysitting” my ex boss who went through his mid-life crisis. Don’t want to go there!

favorite time of year – Spring & Fall

favorite holiday – Halloween & Christmas

birthday – May 13

anniversary – July 9, 1988

are you a morning or night person? morning (was night owl b4 kids!)

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? disciplining and prodding kids, tempertantrums, laundry & dishes

favorite activity with your family? Camping at our cabin on our property. And our annual trek to the Ocean along the Oregon Coast.

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha – Taking a long run & a long soak in the tub.

what is your greatest fear? – death of my husband or a child

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) eating

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? BA Public Administration/Int’l Affairs, U of Puget Sound

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) – I missed out on a Pac-Rim tour in College. Would love to visit Nepal. Would also love to visit the home land of Ireland! :lol:

megan

name Megan Frombach

age 34

spouse’s age 41

your occupation Mom; Administrative Asst. for law firm

spouse’s occupation Baker

age of children Jacob 8 1/2; Brendan 7; Andrew almost 5; Peter due in June

your dream job Mom; helping poor and converting women seeking abortions

worst job you ever had Don’t really have one

favorite time of year Spring!!!

favorite holiday Thanksgiving and Christmas

birthday February 24

anniversary February 22

are you a morning or night person? Night

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? Being away from the kids

favorite activity with your family? Watching them at the beach

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha Adoration; Reading; Relaxing or Cleaning (so much easier when no one is around)

what is your greatest fear? Losing a child or dying while children are young

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) Biting nails

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? No, probably not at this point

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) Ireland, Medjugorge (spelling)

celticspirit

name: Stacie

spouse’s age: 38

your occupation: SAHM

spouse’s occupation: Firefighter/EMT

age of children: Joseph, 11; Victoria, 7-1/2, Elisabeth, 13 months

your dream job: scientist

worst job you ever had: probably every one I’ve ever had!

favorite time of year: Spring and Summer (when my kids are home from school)

favorite holiday: Christmas

birthday: February 23

anniversary: December 26

are you a morning or night person? neither LOL

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? no adult conversation and very little respect

favorite activity with your family? just spending time with them

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha: Reading, praying, chatting online

what is your greatest fear? Losing my husband or one of my children

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) Biting nails

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? I took some classes at the community college where we used to live. I plan to go back in the next few years, but I will be HOPEFULLY attending a Catholic university.

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) EVERYWHERE!!!! I would LOVE to go to Ireland and Israel the most though.

jen

NAME: JENNIFER

SPOUSE’S AGE: 35

YOUR OCCUPATION: SAHM

SPOUSE’S OCCUPATION: MARKETING REP

AGE OF CHILDREN: JACOB, 3 YRS

YOUR DREAM JOB: THE TRUTH IS THAT I DON’T KNOW…I LOVE BEING A SAHM AND WOUDN’T TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING!…I’VE HAD LOTS OF OTHER JOBS–DIDN’T LOVE ANY OF THEM/DIDN’T HATE ALL OF THEM…I AM SO CONTENT BEING A MOMMY RIGHT NOW…SOME DAY, WHEN WE DON’T NEED A PARENT AT HOME, I PRAY FOR ANOTHER JOB THAT I LOVE…

WORST JOB YOU EVER HAD: I WORKED IN A DORM CAFETERIA IN COLLEGE, WHICH WAS FINE FOR THE MOST PART…ONE DAY, MY ASSIGNMENT WAS CLEANING THE FAT OFF OF THE CHICKEN (PS–I WAS/AM A VEGETERIAN)–THEY HAD A HUGE SINK-FUL OF RAW CHICKEN IN WATER–I HAD TO FISH PIECES OUT AND PULL FAT OFF, THEN SORT IT INTO “PARTS PILES”…AFTER THAT, I REQUESTED THE DISH ROOM!

FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR: FALL IN OHIO–OUT WEST NOW WHERE ALL THE SEASON’S SEEM THE SAME (STILL BEAUTIFUL, THOUGH!)

FAVORITE HOLIDAY: THANKSGIVING

BIRTHDATE: OCTOBER 6

ANNIVERSARY: OCTOBER 21

MORNING OR NIGHT PERSON: NIGHT!!!

LEAST FAVORITE ASPECT OF CURRENT POSITION: FEELING UNAPPRECIATED/DISRESPECTED–HATING THAT I FEEL THAT WAY

FAVORITE ACTIVITY WITH FAMILY: WHEN MY HUSBAND TAKES A DAY OFF AND COMES TO OUR CLASSES, GROUPS, ACTIVITIES WITH US

FAVORITE ALONE TIME ACTIVITY: SAD, BUT TRUE–WHEN I CAN SHOWER WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT WHAT’S GOING ON “OUT THERE”!

GREATEST FEAR: ME DYING AND LEAVING JACOB WITHOUT HIS MAMA! ALSO WORRY ABOUT JACOB BEING TAKEN FROM US…ALWAYS FEEL LIKE PATRICK (HUBBY/PAPA) WILL BE THE STRONG ONE THOUGH……..WHY DO I FEAR THIS? WE ARE ALL HEALTHY! I WORRY ABOUT WHY I WORRY ABOUT IT!!!

NERVOUS HABIT: PULLING ON EYEBROW…EATING OR NOT EATING…

COLLEGE: UNIVERSITY OF DAYTON–FAMILY AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT/SOCIAL WORK

TRAVEL: I WANT TO GO EVERYWHERE!!!

lynnt

name: Lynn

spouse’s age: 37

your occupation: Mom-trepreneur/writer-wannabe

spouse’s occupation: Air Force Weather Guy

age of children: 3 and 19m (3 stepchildren, too-15,12,11)

your dream job: International Diplomacy

worst job you ever had: McDonald’s

favorite time of year: Autumn-October

favorite holiday: Christmas for the feeling of goodwill in the season, Easter because it feels most holy

birthday: Sep 6

anniversary: Oct 20, 1997

are you a morning or night person? Neither, anymore LOL

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? Housework Blech!

favorite activity with your family? Apple Picking

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? Writing or reading

what is your greatest fear? my children being hurt or taken away

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) hair twirling

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? University of Maryland University College-BS Poli Sci, AA German Studies; Community College of the Air Force-AAS Communications

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) I would take a trip that begins in St. Petersburg, goes through Moscow, skirt through Belarus, through the Carpathians, round about Bulgaria, slice through Sarajevo, relax on the Dalmatian Coast in Croatia, then head back north and spend some time shopping, eating, and people watching in Prague (my 2d fave city in the world) and then end up in Berlin (my 1st favorite city in the world).[/b]

carmel

Hi am I new here. Age brings wisdom, that is what I tell myself anyway!

name Gina
    age 36-37 on June 3

spouse’s age 43

your occupation Full time mom and part time Spanish teacher one night a week.

spouse’s occupation Accountant

age of children 10,8,6(7 in May) and one in the oven 10weeks

your dream job A photographer in Rome and around world for any religious artifacts

worst job you ever had Walmart

favorite time of year Spring

favorite holiday Easter

birthday June 3

anniversary May 13- 11 yrs.

are you a morning or night person? Neither

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? I have no money

favorite activity with your family? Just being with them

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? Pray, meditate

what is your greatest fear? Loosing my husband

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) eating

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? Yes, Stuebenville in Ohio

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue)Ireland and Rome, and Fatima

kelltra

name Kelly

age- 30

spouse’s age- 30

your occupation- Mom

spouse’s occupation-Computer Programer

age of children-7,5,1.5 and one on the way

your dream job-food critic

worst job you ever had-movies at the mall

favorite time of year-spring/summer

favorite holiday-christmas

birthday-6-29-75

anniversary-5-3-97

are you a morning or night person?-Night

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?-Lack of sleep

favorite activity with your family?-Camping

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha-reading

what is your greatest fear?-losing anyone of my family

what is your nervous habit? biting my nails

did you go to college? I went for 2 semesters

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Italy, holy land

loloengland

name Lorraine

age 34

spouse’s age 32

your occupation mum

spouse’s occupation activity instructor

age of children 4 3/4 yr and 7 weeks

your dream job owning my own childcare nursery

worst job you ever had carehome

favorite time of year -summer

favorite holiday -christmas

birthday 6april

anniversary 17 aug
    are you a morning or night person? -night

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?

favorite activity with your family? going to beach or just going on walks

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha sleeping

what is your greatest fear? dying

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) not talking

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? no

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety –italy :D

debraprs

Debra McCullar

Husbands age-:56
    C.N.A.:Homeschooling Mom!

Childrens ages:11 & 13

Dream Job:Writer

Worst JobL:Waitress

Favorite season:Fall

favorite holiday :All of them
    birthday :May 30

anniversary:December 1, 1991

are you a morning or night person? :Both

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?Being away from home!

favorite activity with your family? Camping

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha

what is your greatest fear? Losing my kids to “worldly things”

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) My leg shakes

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? I would like to but it’s not feasible

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue Ireland and Rome

fran-reddy

I am new so I will go ahead and fill out this questionaire :)

name
    Fran

spouse’s age

your occupation
    homemaker again, for now

spouse’s occupation
    Director, Environmental Services

age of children
    Girls are 24, 23, 16, Boys are 19, 13 & 5

your dream job
    test driving fast cars 8) I love to drive!

worst job you ever had
    Factory job packing butter tarts

favorite time of year
    Indian Summer

favorite holiday
    Christmas I guess

birthday
    July 28

anniversary
    July 6

are you a morning or night person?
    I’m ok in the morning but I love to stay up late.

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?
    Trying to keep control!

favorite activity with your family?
    We like to watch comedy movies together.

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha
    Spiritual reading

what is your greatest fear?
    That one of my children will lose their soul

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…)
    worrying

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to?
    Not now

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue)[/quote]
    Nebraska LOL My oldest is there and she’s expecting our first grandchild!

missy

I belonged here for a short time in December of 2004. Not sure if anyone would remember back that far. I am excited to become part of this group. I do not have many strong Catholic or Christian friends. I hope that I can get to know all of you. It’s great to have friends who share your faith. It is so much who I am, that I feel that many people don’t truly know the real me. Anyway, thought I’d start by introducing myself here…

Posted: Tue May 17, 2005 5:38 am Post subject:

I’m new to this group! Just joined today. Please don’t shoot me, looks like I’m the youngest.

name/ Missy

age / 34

spouse’s age / 37

your occupation / Mommy

spouse’s occupation /General Manager and Art director for software development company

age of children / 3 1/2 and 6 months

your dream job / Working for a non profit that helps children. In the old days I wanted to be a dancer.

worst job you ever had /There were many but working for an importing beer distributor in Scranton, PA. Boss was very mean and arrogant. Pay was terrible and I never got out on time. It was also like 40 minutes or so of a drive.

favorite time of year / Autumn

favorite holiday/ Christmas

birthday / November 28

anniversary/ November 12

are you a morning or night person?/ Night

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?/ Lack of sleep. Feeling guilty quite a lot.

favorite activity with your family?/ Storytime at night for the 3 year old.

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? Watching Food Network

what is your greatest fear?/!st is losing a child or having a sick child BY FAR. Second is dying myself and leaving them without a Mother. Have lots of fears. These are the top 2.

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) / picking at skin (I know gross)

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? // Never went to college. Wanted to….long story…

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue)// Italy, Ireland or Isreal _________________
    -Missy

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 124 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.