Getting to Know You **BUMP FOR NEW NEWBIES**

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Getting to Know You **BUMP FOR NEW NEWBIES**

This topic contains 123 replies, has 115 voices, and was last updated by  domesticated 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 124 total)
  • Author

westcoastmum

What a great idea, Nikki! Here goes:

name – Karen

age – 35

spouse’s age – 34

your occupation – mum and assistant to director (job share – so I work part-time) of community & family health

spouse’s occupation – boarding school residence supervisor (hoping it leads to teaching film/media)

age of children – boys are 5, 3, and nearly 2

your dream job – SAHM with no financial worries and time to write when boys were sleeping or in school!!

worst job you ever had – working in a health food store in university – couldn’t ever tell the bulgar from the grains, the grains apart, etc and they didn’t label things – but all the customers knew and would get really annoyed – oh, it was dreadful and you had to cash out in this creepy old dank basement – used to make me sooo nervous

favorite time of year – autumn

favorite holiday – Christmas

birthday – October 19

anniversary – October 31 (yes, I know that’s Halloween – it was the only Saturday in October we could get the church and the officers’ mess my dad wanted for the reception – he’s retired military)

are you a morning or night person? night owl

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? leaving my children home – even though they’re now with their daddy while I work because he works evenings – and they are loving their time with him – oh and the neverending tidying at home – I wish the house could just *stay* clean

favorite activity with your family? walks along the oceanfront/beach looking for found treasures

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha – reading

what is your greatest fear? something bad happening to my children or husband

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) fidget and pace

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? – yes, I went to Carleton University in Ottawa, Ontario for bachelor of journalism -worked at a daily newspaper until my husband was accepted to university elsewhere – still freelance write (just had a story in our local paper before Christmas!! woo hoo!! it’s taken a while to break in – very clique-ish)

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) – I’d love to go to Egypt, the Holy land, Australia, Italy, Spain, UK….anywhere and everywhere!

mom2939

name Leydiana

age 41

spouse’s age 42

your occupation Mom and part time special education teacher

spouse’s occupation Finance

age of children son 12 and daughter 2

your dream job Any job that lets me be a SAHM and earn money. :D

worst job you ever had Working for a principal who hated her job!

favorite time of year Fall

favorite holiday Christmas

birthday Feb. 13

anniversary June 24

are you a morning or night person? Neither

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? Living in a country where I don’t know the language yet.

favorite activity with your family? Movie and junk food night.

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha Reading and trying out diferent craft projects.

what is your greatest fear? Losing my children.

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) Twirling my hair.

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? I went to college in Florida and now I am working on my masters on line.

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) I would love to see South America, Nepal, and Spain.
    [/b]

michelle123

Hi and Welcome!!! :D You’ll love this site….everyone’s VERY nice!

Where do you live that you don’t know the language?

Just curious…hope you don’t mind me asking? :D :D

mom2939

Thanks for the welcome. :D I look forward to being part of the group. We are currently living in northern Thailand because of my husband’s work. Business not military.

dottie

Just joined :D

name Dorothy

age 43

spouse’s age 44

your occupation second grade teacher

spouse’s occupation manager, inventor relations

age of children almost 15, 13, 9

your dream job I have it!

worst job you ever had telemarketing…yuk

favorite time of year fall

favorite holiday Christmas

birthday April 22

anniversary Oct. 22

are you a morning or night person? morning

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? work that has to come home with me at times

favorite activity with your family? playing board games

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha watching old movies

what is your greatest fear? being trapped in a falling elevator!

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…)

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? yes, graduated from West Chester University, West Chester, PA

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) Ireland, Fatima and Lourdes (not necessarily in that order!) :)

anonymous

Welcome aboard Ladies!!!!!!!!! :D I am sure you all will love this place as much as I do. There is such a great group of ladies on here who genuinely cares about each other! :D :D :D :D

So, welcome again and I can’t wait to get to know you all better!

mrsd

My name is Robyn

My Occupation: SAHM and writer

Spouse’s Occupation: not married

Age of children: son 21, daughter 19, son 17, son 2

My dream job: just what I’m doing

Worst job ever had: cocktailing in a “dive” bar

Favorite time of year: Autumn

Favorite Holiday: Christmas

Anniversary: n/a

Morning/Night person?: Morning

Favorite family activity: camping

Favorite alone time activity: what’s alone time;) journaling

Greatest fear: Loss of my children

Nervous habit: peeling my hangnails

College?: no degrees, but took: music, nursing, real estate.

Where would I go if I could travel anywhere?: Africa, australia, south america

kelyfranz

I heard about this site from my SIL (Hi Sharon!) I thought I’d put my info in as an introduction.

name:Kely Franzonello (used to be Bruen)

spouse’s age: 25

your occupation: Administration (soon to be stay at home mom!)

spouse’s occupation: AutoZone Manager

age of children: 1 baby, six months in the womb

your dream job: ……. (I’d prefer to stay home, thats a job too!)

worst job you ever had: Working at a bridal shop for a crazy lady

favorite time of year: Spring and Fall

favorite holiday: Easter

birthday: 1/28/82

anniversary: 6/4/05

are you a morning or night person?: usually a night person, but during this pregnancy, I’m neither

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?: the secular enviroment

favorite activity with your family?: being outside

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha: reading

what is your greatest fear?: losing a family member

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…): wiggling foot

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to?: Franciscan University of Steubenville

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue): Italy, Greece, and Poland

meganne

name: Meg

spouse’s age: 34

your occupation: teacher, currently SAHM

spouse’s occupation: housing developer

age of children: 4 years and 1 year this week!

your dream job: teacher and SAHM

worst job you ever had: My first year teaching was working for a horrible principal

favorite time of year: Fall

favorite holiday: Christmas Eve, while not really a holiday, is my favorite day of the year

birthday: March 6

anniversary: July 6

are you a morning or night person? It really depends

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? I like being home with my kids, but I really miss being in the classroom, too.

favorite activity with your family? family vacations

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? scrapbooking, reading, computer

what is your greatest fear? My sons have peanut allergies. My greatest fear is that I will miss something and they will die.

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) I have no idea

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? B.A. in English at UC Irvine and MA in Education at Claremont.

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) Rome, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, and then a month to relax in the Bahamas. Why not?

stacy

Name: Stacy
    Spouses age: will be 40 six months before me
    Children ages: 9, 7, 5
    Morning or night person: Morning
    Least favorite aspect of occupation: I taught in the school system for 15 years and now I really LOVE teaching my own children at home. the least favorite aspect is ….. my chores are never done when I think they should be, such as laundry needs to be switched over, have not dusted this week….

Favorite family activity: Vacation & games

Favorite alone activity: reading

My greatest fear: making mistakes raising my children

Did you go to college? Where? Yes, BA Auburn University, MA in Education, UNM

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
    Rome, China I would love to go on some Pilgrimages and have the honor of visiting some shrines.

beepboop

name: brandi

spouse’s age: 31

your occupation: sahm, data entry from home for the same co. my husband works for :)

spouse’s occupation: payroll for appliance parts company

age of children: 11 & 9

your dream job: i think i have it…i’m able to be home!

worst job you ever had: dish washer @ pizza hut. ugh! nasty!

favorite time of year: spring time minus the allergies!

favorite holiday: Christmas!

birthday: oct 24th

anniversary: july 6th

are you a morning or night person?: neither really, but i guess i’d have to choose night

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?: i have to SIT so much

favorite activity with your family?: just getting out of the house is good for us.

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’?: i have no idea what ‘alone time’ is.

what is your greatest fear?: driving at night/in rain

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…): clicking my fingernails against each other/picking at my nails/cuticles.

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to?: nope, nowhere & nope.

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue): rome

aunthoney

:D Hello all ~ I joined this this group a few weeks ago and I thought I’d better take a few minutes and introduce myself……
    My name is Helen, and I’m a 51-year-old grandmother living in California. I left my job as City Clerk in March of last year to stay home and raise our 3-year-old grandson, Connor. My husband and I raised 5 children. Our youngest child, Katy, is 23 years old. She’s our grandson’s mother. We found out that she has a mental illness when she was in her first year of college. She came home for Easter vacation 6 mo. pregnant and psychotic. She’s been living back at home ever since. We adopted Katy as an infant (our only adopted child) and, come to find out, her birth mother had schizophrenia. I guess our Katy inherited it from her. In any event, the last few years have been quite a roller coaster, but what could have been a horrible experience has turned out to be an incredible blessing! My husband and I have legally adopted our grandson (to protect him ‘cuz you never know what the future will hold for our daughter). Our daughter is still “Mom” and will continue to be. I stayed at home while raising our 5 kids and am now staying at home again to raise our grandson. And we are having the time of our lives! I am also a Notary Public so I am able to make a little extra money notarizing loan documents, etc. from our home. My husband is also 51 years old. He’s an engineer and has worked for a telecommunications company for about 28 years. Our grown children are as follows: Ken (29), Ryan (28), Jessica (27), Richelle (25) and Katy (23). I’m a Catholic convert, having converted at 12 years old while attending Catholic school. I wasn’t always faithful about attending Mass, but I’ve been better for the last several years. I’m hoping you lovely ladies can guide me through some of the complexities of our church practices, and how to incorporate them into my daily routine. I think that about covers the basics. Thanks for having me here!

Helen (Aunthoney)

[/img]

maryd

name: Mary

spouse’s age: 45

your occupation: SAHM

spouse’s occupation: Car sales

age of children: 16, 15, 13, 12, 6,& 3 (4 boys 2 girls in the middle)

your dream job: This is it !! (When I was a kid I wanted to be an archaeologist)

worst job you ever had: Summer park concession stand worker

favorite time of year : Fall

favorite holiday: Christmas Season

birthday: Oct. 28, 1964

anniversary July 26,1986

are you a morning or night person? Night

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? Keeping th e house neat.

favorite activity with your family? Anything when the kids are all getting along

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha Reading,crafts,sewing

what is your greatest fear? My kids losing their faith

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) ????

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? BS in Elementary Education from Eastern Illinois University Class of ’86

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) Ireland, Rome, Holy Land, Lourdes

christine_m

I just joined today, so I guess I count as a total newbie. I’ll give a go at answering some of these questions

name/ Christine

age/ 39

spouse’s age/ 40

your occupation/ SAHM

spouse’s occupation/ Engineer

age of children/ 9 and 5 (almost 6)

your dream job/ writer

worst job you ever had

favorite time of year/ spring

favorite holiday/ Thanksgiving

birthday/ June 2

anniversary/ May 14

are you a morning or night person?/ Morning

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?/ none

favorite activity with your family?/ apple picking in the fall

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha/ reading

what is your greatest fear?

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…)

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? / Trenton State College – Bachelors of Arts – English Literature

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue)[/quote] / currently, I guess Bahrain to visit my brother and his family who are currently living there – otherwise Australia

4kidz

name? Tricia

age ? 32

spouse’s age ? 39…40 in a couple months

your occupation ? domestic engineer

spouse’s occupation ? software engineer

age of children ? 7, 5, 3 & 1

your dream job ? collecting my lottery winnings between travels with my family!! oh, “job”, designing alternative fuel vechiles

worst job you ever had ? waitress at a little hometown place

favorite time of year ? summer

favorite holiday ? my birthday :lol:

birthday ? 8/2

anniversary ? 7/5

are you a morning or night person? night

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? lack of completion, always more laundry, always someone hungry, always dirt somewhere, always someone awake….

favorite activity with your family? anything together…vacationing?

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha computer surfing & reading

what is your greatest fear? my children will never leave my house, they will be 50 and still living here….lol….seriously, something will happen to my husband and I will have to raise these kids alone

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) don’t know

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? University of Toledo, BSME…maybe someday get my MBA, maybe

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) back to Wyoming to see the Tetons….maybe Hawaii someday & Alaska. maybe Europe

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 124 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.