Getting to Know You **BUMP FOR NEW NEWBIES**

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Getting to Know You **BUMP FOR NEW NEWBIES**

This topic contains 123 replies, has 115 voices, and was last updated by  domesticated 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 124 total)
  • Author

theresageo

name –Theresa

age –40

spouse’s age –38

your occupation –homemaker first, ultrasonographer

spouse’s occupation –assistant chef at a seminary

age of children–ds 15, ds 12, dd 10, dd 13 months

your dream job–I hope I don’t sound crazy, but being home as much as I am right now…being a homemaker…that’s my dream job 8O

worst job you ever had –cleaning other people’s house!!

favorite time of year –fall

favorite holiday –Christmas

birthday –November 25

anniversary–June 21

are you a morning or night person? I am grouchy in the morning and late at night…what does that make me?? :o

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? –taking call for the hospital in the middle of the night

favorite activity with your family? –playing board games

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha –reading

what is your greatest fear? –something terrible happening to one of my children…sickness, death, addiction, etc.

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) Hmmmm…

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? –Episcopal Hospital Radiology and Jefferson Hospital Ultrasound

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) –Holy Land

elisa

name: Elisa

spouse’s age: 24

your occupation: soon to be stay at home mom (thank the Lord)

spouse’s occupation: military

age of children: i’m 14 weeks pregnant

your dream job: mom

worst job you ever had: I was a waitress for a month in a cafe…yuck…let’s just say, I’m never eating there again.

favorite time of year: summer, the hotter the better

favorite holiday: christmas…and easter

birthday: jan 29

anniversary: dec 22 (yes, just this past)

are you a morning or night person?: morning

favorite activity with your family? taking walks

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha: read, relax, listen to music

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…): i don’t know…

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? went to University of Nebraska at Omaha for a year, take random classes here and there.

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue): 1. India 2. Ireland 3. Australia/New Zealand…4. everywhere else I haven’t been

theresageo

Okay…looks like I am the oldest so far…40!!!!!! :lol:

Theresa

andi

Hi all! Brand new here, so I thought I’d poke around to see where Newbies jump off from. (Yeah, I know, terribly incorrect English…wait’ll you find out, I was a *teacher*, LOL)

Here’s my scoop:

name: Andi

spouse’s age: 38

your occupation: stay at home mom

spouse’s occupation: project manager for a software development company
    age of children: 15, 11, 4 and 3

your dream job: besides what I’m doing now? hmmm…maybe a Buyer for Nordstroms or something like that….

worst job you ever had: working for a boss who picked me to be her target that year…never even had a chance to make an impression..i was new and that was enough..couldnt take it anymore, so i left at the end of the school year…
    favorite time of year: summer, fall, spring, winter but only when it snows…
    favorite holiday Christmas

birthday:February 22

anniversary: May 19
    are you a morning or night person? depends on how I wake up…if the kids wake me up, I’m a night person, otherwise, I am fine after a shower…
    what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? no sick days
    favorite activity with your family? eating…my dh is a fab cook…or hanging out in the back yard
    favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? reading, napping, or veggin’ in front of the Lifetime Network, lol
    what is your greatest fear? that someone will hurt my kids, they’ve been through enough

what is your nervous habit? biting fingernails
    did you go to college? where? Shepherd University in WVA for my undergrad and Marymount University for my graduate work/degree

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Portugal

Hello ladies

name/ Heike

age / 29

spouse’s age / 4…. (19 in July)

your occupation / Mom first then wife and then a Hotelmanager but I am havig a long break to enjoy my family, at the moment so it wll take a long time until I go back to the Hotelbussines (which I don´t regret)

spouse’s occupation / Branch manager

age of children / Osney 7 and Sheevwon 6

your dream job / play in the orchestra

worst job you ever had / working as houskeeper at the hotel here in Germany (it was part of my training and it did last 9 months!!!!)

favorite time of year / Autunm and Sommer

favorite holiday/ Easter

birthday / december 27 (Santa Claus was late)

anniversary/ 29th december

are you a morning or night person?/ definetely an Owl, but i do need my beauty sleep

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?/

favorite activity with your family?/ dancing , playing games , just everything

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? reading, playing guitar

what is your greatest fear?/ lose my faith, and my family

what is your nervous habit? I know it sounds horrible but I am going to tell you , when I am nerous I have a cigarrete (I really don´t smoke, but just in extreme situations)

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? well we have another school system here in Germany I went tothe Hotelmanagment college it did last 3 years and well that´s it

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue)// Egypt, and to the moon

jenn

Hi all! I’m new, so I thought I’d jump in first with this thread!

name Jenn

age 29 (for a few more weeks anyway)

spouse’s age 34

your occupation teacher & tupperware consultant

spouse’s occupation clerk for bankruptcy trustee

age of children Alex, our son, is 3

your dream job teacher

worst job you ever had McDonald’s during college

favorite time of year spring & fall

favorite holiday Christmas

birthday Oct. 7 (turning 30 this year 8O )

anniversary Feb. 10

are you a morning or night person? night

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? co-workers

favorite activity with your family? going to the zoo or a park

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha chatting online, reading

what is your greatest fear? something happening to dh & ds

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) fidgeting for sure

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? I did – I have a bachelor’s in music education

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) I want to do a 2 week Europe tour

stephie

My name is Stephanie

My Occupation: Mother & Wife

Spouse’s Occupation: Marketing Assistant

Age of children: 15, 13, and 6 months

My dream job: I think I already have it

Worst job ever had: Worked for Toys R Us~Imagine working there at Christmas time and then you’d feel my pain

Favorite time of year: Winter

Favorite Holiday: Christmas

Anniversary: September 14~the feast of the Holy Cross

Morning/Night person?: Morning

Favorite family activity: Day at the beach~sandcastles, collecting shells, bonfire at night

Favorite alone time activity: gardening

Greatest fear: Loss of my husband or children

Nervous habit: foot fidgeting

College?: Went to school of cosmetology

Where would I go if I could travel anywhere?: Rome~went there for 2 weeks and that just wasn’t enough time

Take care and God bless all of you and your families!

~Stephie

mommy22

My name is Elisa.

spouse’s age: 32

your occupation: SAHM

spouse’s occupation: Active duty Army

age of children: Tanner 3 and Anneliese 2

your dream job: CEO of anything… I just want to be in a position where I can say, “Mmm, some coffee would be wonderful right now.” And six people rush out to bring me some. Wouldn’t that be nice! :D

worst job you ever had: I was in the Army for five years but working in a daycare center my senior year of highschool was far worse than anything they ever threw at me. Something about screaming, yelling, disrespectful kids when you’re not their mom… or their commander. :wink:

favorite time of year: Autumn

favorite holiday: Christmas

birthday: 21 October

anniversary: 30 December

are you a morning or night person? Night

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? Not enough time for anything!

favorite activity with your family? Hiking… it wears those poor little darlings out.

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha Not doing a darn thing! :wink:

what is your greatest fear? Losing my kids

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) I’m a nail biter. :oops:

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? University of Washington; class of 99

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) Back to Rome. When we were stationed in Europe we went for a week… it’s not nearly enough time. I would love to go to Poland too. My husband’s native country but we never made it while we were there.

trish

Hi everyone, :D
    I’m brand new to this site. It’s pretty awesome.
    Here’s my info

Name – Trish

age – 37

husband’s age – 40

occupation – I’m a homeschooling stay at home mom. We’ve been home
    schooling for 7 years. And God has allowed me to be home
    since the birth of our first child.

husband’s occupation – retail manager

age of children – from the postings I’ve seen I’ve got the most kids.
    Jessi 16 (almost 17)
    Danny 15
    Montana 14
    Cheyenne 9
    Joshua 5
    Jacob 3
    Gabriel 11 mths
    Anybody else out there with lots of blessings?

dream job – doing exactly what I’m doing

favourite time of year – Spring. I love to get the garden going and to
    watch all the flowers begin to grow and then bloom.

Favourite holiday – Easter. We have such a lovely time at Easter. The
    kids love it just as much as Christmas, which is the
    way it should be.

birthday – Mar 2

anniversary April 11

Morning or night person – I’m a night person but I’ve been working on the
    morning thing for years. One day it’ll happen.

favourite activity with family – just sitting around the fireplace and talking.
    Some pretty amazing topics come up.

favourite activity when you have time – I love to make handmade soap
    and Rosaries. They are both very relaxing and creative.

what is your greatest fear – my children losing their Faith and going to Hell

if I could travel any where- Definitely Rome and Ireland.

Like I said before Awesome site. God bless,

Trish

josie

Hell all! I’m new as well as of Sunday.

name: Johanna Garcia

spouse’s age: 26

your occupation:
    Project Manager for Multi-family residential construction BUT hopefully, come April, I’ll be a SAHM

spouse’s occupation:
    Business Application Consultant (aka Computer Nerd)

age of children:
    14 mo. (Sofia) & 14 weeks pre-born (name TBD)

your dream:
    job mom & Cannon Lawyer on the side

worst job you ever had:
    the one I have now – way toooo much stress!

favorite time of year:
    Fall – when it first gets cool enough to go camping

favorite holiday:
    Christmas

birthday: June 24th

anniversary: Nov 29th

are you a morning or night person? morning

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?
    too many projects to adequately manage – we’re WAY understaffed right now

favorite activity with your family?
    breakfast after church on Sundays, taking Sofia to the park

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’?
    reading but I usually end up falling asleep

what is your greatest fear?
    fallng down stairs

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…): tapping my feet

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to?
    University of St. Thomas – Houston.

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go?
    I’d give anything to go to Rome again. But I also have always wanted to go to Alaska and also St. Thomas

nan

Hi, I’m nan, new and not too good with computers but I really like this site.

spouse’s age: more

occupation: I have been a home schooling mom for 19 or 20 yrs but this fall my youngest son is going to traditional school and I have a part time gainful employment job.

Children: son 33
    son 30
    daughter 24 married July 04
    ” (mother to my new granddaughter born Oct 18)
    son 19
    son 15

Dream job: well I actually never dreamed of doing what I’m doing now but it is such a blessing from God. After 30 years at home and only one year of college I figured Wall Mart greeter might be all I could get and I really didn’t want to be on my feet all day. This job just fell in my lap when I mentioned to a fellow camper on the Memorial camp out that I was going to start looking for work. She said her brother was hiring people to copy public court records which he sells to a credit reporting agency. I can work as little or as much as I can (during regular court hours) and I could take off for two weeks to travel to my granddaughters “coming out” event. The money is more than minimum and should cover or nearly cover the tuition each year. Thanks Be To God.

favorite time of year: Fall, definitely

favorite holiday: that’s harder. I’m going to say tie between Christmas(which we celebrate for 12 days) and Easter Week.

birthday June 24 (like Johanna!)

anniversary: Aug 28

I’m usually a morning person.

Favorite family activities: walking, biking, board and card games, and now that everybody CAN BE (I don’t mean always ARE) polite, dinners and conversation that stretches when we have time.

When I’m alone I read, eat, or sleep. But I might be starting to add computer time.

Biggest fear: I hate snakes. I fear for my childrens final salvation, but not with as much anxiety as I used to; you do have to trust God at some point to love them more than you do and He has more power at His disposal.

College: I had one year of college and have taken a night course here and there. My lack of a degree has always made me feel tentative about teaching my children through 12 th grade, but I did it anyway.

Dream travel destinations: Always have wanted to go to Alaska.( I’m suprised by how many others here have included that) More recently I added a wish to see the Holy Land, Greece and Rome.

I would add that I smile a lot, love the Church, and am a member of a charismatic and ecumenical group which has blessed me and my family, enriches my prayer life and gives me lots of challenges to grow in holiness till Jesus comes or I get called to HIm.

Posted on the great Feast of Christ the King!

well I previewed this and the granny face doesn’t show but there is a face in the baby’s birthday Oh, well. I’m open to learning what went wrong there.

tammy

:P
    Name: Tammy
    Spouse Age: 31
    Spouse Occupation: Civil Engineer
    Age of Children: 23 month old
    Dream Job: MOM
    Favorite Activity: Wild Animal Park, Hiking, Outdoors stuff…
    Greatest Fear: Snakes,Yuck!!
    College: USC, and Long Beach State
    Travel: anywhere tropical

goldlizard

I like this idea…so I’m adding my two cents worth.

name: Mindy

spouse’s age: 31

your occupation: Receptionist at a Homeless Shelter

spouse’s occupation: Foster Care Program Manager

age of children: 8 and 12 (both foster children, none biological)

your dream job: Working with books, but only if the hours would work better with my home schedule. I’ve worked in a bookstore for the last 2 years, and with a new family the hours didn’t work so much, and I had been promised things that were never given. So it was time to move on.

worst job you ever had: Working at a drive-in during high school

favorite time of year: Summer, I hate being cold.

favorite holiday: Christmas, because of the happiness that seems to be everywhere.

birthday: May 7

anniversary: April 6

are you a morning or night person? Night, but I can get up at 7 and be ok most days. Earlier than that is too hard.

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? I’ve only been here a month, so I am not sure.

favorite activity with your family? just about anything we do where no one is arguing or we all enjoy being together.

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? Alone time? That only occurs when I’m in the car running errands before the kids get out of school.

what is your greatest fear? Not being loved

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) I fidget, and can’t stay still for more than a few seconds, I have to move something, even if it’s my toes.

did you go to college? where? Walla Walla College for 2 years

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) Well, if money also wasn’t an issue…Europe and Egypt. I really want to see some of the places in the UK, Germany, and Italy for sure, and I really want to see the pyramids and other structures from Ancient Egypt.

sister

name – Julie

age – 28

spouse’s age – 30

your occupation – Freelance Writer

spouse’s occupation – Software Developer

age of children – 16 months and 4

your dream job – I’m doing it! :)

worst job you ever had – Working for the Department of Transportation answering their “pot hole” hotline

favorite time of year – October

favorite holiday – Halloween or Christmas

birthday – January 9th

anniversary – Thanksgiving, 2003

are you a morning or night person? – In between. LOL.

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? – The pay.

favorite activity with your family? – Family dinners, trips to the nature preserve, long walks.

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha – Reading, videogames

what is your greatest fear? Dying and leaving my family behind. They need me.

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) – Fidgeting

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? I went to several colleges, but no degree. I don’t think I’ll return, though my DH encourages me to.

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) – The Holy Land

njesusname

Hello Moms I am glad to have found this website I love it!! Here are my answers:

name/Angelica

age/ 23

spouse’s age/ 29

your occupation/ Receptionist at a Law Firm

spouse’s occupation/ WareHouse does inventory

age of children/ Natalia (5)

your dream job/ SAHM

worst job you ever had/ working for trucking co.

favorite time of year/ Spring

favorite holiday/ Christmas and Easter

birthday/ October 2nd

anniversary/ September 8th

are you a morning or night person? Morning

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? Rude callers

favorite activity with your family? Anything we do together

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha/ long bath

what is your greatest fear? a sudden death

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) fidgeting :lol:

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? Have not gone yet but plan on taking classes soon.

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) Rome

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 124 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.