Getting to Know You **BUMP FOR NEW NEWBIES**

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Getting to Know You **BUMP FOR NEW NEWBIES**

This topic contains 123 replies, has 115 voices, and was last updated by  domesticated 1 year, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 124 total)
  • Author

2sweeties

Bumping this up for “new newbies” :wink:

Good evening! In effort to continue getting to know each other, I thought it would be good if we compiled our personal info (whatever you’re willing to share) onto one thread. I spent a couple minutes (yes, I’m supposed to be folding laundry) typing up a short list of simple questions. Please feel free to add any you think would be interesting and/or fun.

name

spouse’s age

your occupation

spouse’s occupation

age of children

your dream job

worst job you ever had

favorite time of year

favorite holiday

birthday

anniversary

are you a morning or night person?

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?

favorite activity with your family?

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha

what is your greatest fear?

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…)

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to?

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue)

anonymous

Where are your answers Nikki :D

I guess I will be the first to answer. SO here is goes….

name// Stephanie

age// 27(28 in July)

spouse’s age// 31

your occupation// mommy and I sell pampered chef as a hobby

spouse’s occupation// does sales for the family business

age of children// 3 and 2

your dream job// teaching and coaching volleyball

worst job you ever had// I worked in a pizza place in high school and it was by far the worst thing I ever did. My boss was probably one of the meanest people I have ever met!!

favorite time of year// summer

favorite holiday// Christmas

birthday// July 24

anniversary// June 9

are you a morning or night person?// morning

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?// stress of living tightly from check to check

favorite activity with your family?// going to the zoo and then going to the park and having a picnic lunch

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha// reading

what is your greatest fear?// snakes

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…)// I am definately a nail biter

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to?// I went to Eastern Illinois University and majored in health education

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue)// I have always wanted to go to Alaska, Italy, and England

2sweeties

OOOOPS! I forgot to answer my own questions!

name// Nikki

age// 27(28 in June)

spouse’s age// 27 (28 in June, also)

your occupation// mommy

spouse’s occupation// pilot for air ambulance

age of children// almost 5 and 16 months

your dream job// i loved teaching, but would also like to study architecture or archaeology

worst job you ever had// DH and I met while working at a pet store. The job was horrible (cleaning animal “stuff” every day, dealing with dead fish, etc) but meeting dh was awesome!

favorite time of year// fall

favorite holiday// Thanksgiving

birthday// June 29

anniversary// July 13

are you a morning or night person?// i’m a night owl

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?// budgetary restrictions and temper tantrums

favorite activity with your family?// going to the park to play and for picnics

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha// reading or scrapbooking

what is your greatest fear?// water that I can’t see the bottom of, public speaking

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…)// foot tapping

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to?// I went to Baylor University, degree in Elementary and Early Childhood Education

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue)// Italy and Greece

momsaint

name: Erica

spouse’s age: 30

your occupation: SAHM

spouse’s occupation: District Manager for Dominos here in DE

age of children: 8 & 1 ( will be 9 & 2 in June )

your dream job: mother (since I was a little girl )

worst job you ever had: my Aunt’s deli – I worked there for a couple months and it was not fun – this one mean customer kept coming in every week and yelling at me :cry:

favorite time of year: fall

favorite holiday: Easter ( Christmas is a very close second )

birthday: April 6

anniversary: October 12

are you a morning or night person?: Night

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?: no respect ( :wink: I always tell my DH that I know he gives his Managers more compliments than he gives me )

favorite activity with your family?: road trips anywhere – beach, zoo, amusement parks, playgrounds, aquariums, wildlife parks – take me to one of the neighboring States and I ‘m so happy!

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha read or scrapbook

what is your greatest fear?: watching my DH or DSs suffer a terminal illness ( cancer, etc )

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…): fidgeting

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to?: 1 semester at Delaware Technical and Community. Right now I have no plans to go back.

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue): 4 weeks in Europe :D

Name: Carmela

Spouse’s age: 34 (35 in July)

Your occupation: SAHM

Spouse’s occupation: Mailman

Age of children: 14, 8 & 6

Your Dream Job: Being a social worker or Nurse

Worst job you ever had: Cleaning schools during the summer

Favorite time of year: Fall

Favorite Holiday: Christmas

Birthday: November 15

Anniversary: December 28

Are you a morning or night person? Night

What is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? Cleaning up vomit and other gross stuff

Favorite activity with your family? Zoo, Going for short trips, Library

Favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha: Reading, Sewing or Scrapbooking

What is your greatest fear? Thunderstorms

What is your nervous habit? (biting nails, fidgeting, tapping your foot)..I do all 3 of them

Did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? Went to Duff’s Business Institute where I got a Medical Assistant Diploma..Would love to go back to school for social work or nursing

If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending safety is not an issue) I would love to go to Italy, or Hanceville, AL (to see EWTN & Mother Angelica)

michelle123

name Michelle

age 35

spouse’s age 40

your occupation SAHM

spouse’s occupation Attorney

age of children 6, 4, 3, 9 months
    your dream job MOM!!!!!

worst job you ever had dishwasher at a private club (in high school)

favorite time of year SUMMER!

favorite holiday Christmas

birthday June 6th

anniversary June 13th

are you a morning or night person? Night

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?

No set schedule so it’s hard to get things done.

favorite activity with your family? Going to playground, drawing on sidewalk with chalk!

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? Using the bathroom, taking a shower, and brushing my teeth and hair!!!

what is your greatest fear? A sick or injured child or spouse

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) Putting my necklace in my mouth (blech, I know!)

Yes, Upstate NY, BS in Communication/Media

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue)[/quote]

Middle East (Israel and Egypt to be exact). Also, perhaps Turkey. Also, New Zealand.

Edited this to update it! :D

name: Sarah

spouse’s age: 30

your occupation: stay at home mom

spouse’s occupation: engineer

age of children: 6, 4, 2.5, 9 months

your dream job: to be a mother and a teacher

worst job you ever had: mother’s helper the summer I was 16, I loved the kids, but absolutely despised their mother whom I worked for!!

favorite holiday: Easter

birthday: December 7

anniversary: October 17

are you a morning or night person?: night

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?: chores, I wish I could just play with my kids all day and not have to worry about the house!! :D

favorite activity with your family?: cuddling on the couch and just being in the moment

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha : reading or a relaxing bath all to myself!

what is your greatest fear?: snakes!! I just can’t handle them

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) : I am definitely a fidgeter

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue): Italy, but if I could go on a long trip, I’d love to go all over Europe!

name: Angela

spouse’s age: 29

your occupation: SAHM

spouse’s occupation: College Professor (Political Science)

age of children: will be 3 on April 29

your dream job: Forensic Scientist

worst job you ever had: worked at a Dairy Queen for a couple of years

favorite time of year: Spring

favorite holiday: Easter

birthday: March 6

anniversary: May 12

are you a morning or night person?: Morning (much to my night owl dh’s dismay :lol: )

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? The hours–my job never ends :wink:

favorite activity with your family? going for a walk

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha: reading or a relaxing bath

what is your greatest fear?: spiders — I hate the little pests!!

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…): shaky leg syndrome

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to?: I have an associates degree– was planning to go back when we were blessed with the news of our dd

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue): Rome, Germany and Ireland

2sweeties

bump

sonnygirl4

name: Rachel

spouse’s age: 42, so is he

your occupation: SAHM & part time dance teacher

spouse’s occupation: software developer

age of children: 6, 5, 4, 2 months

your dream job: broadway star!!!

worst job you ever had: I used to perform in shows at theme parks like Hershey Park or Fiesta Texas. One year I was in a wonderful show at the now defunct Opryland. It was “the” show to be in and we felt very cool. Well, sometimes we could make extra money actually working in the park usually running rides except for the time I got assigned to walk around and sweep the trash up! I was “managed” by some high school kid who told me I had to pass a test before he would let me perform this duty, and worst of all I was recognized by a couple who had seen the show the night before! Very humbling to say the least.

favorite holiday: Christmas

birthday : Aug. 10

anniversary: Feb. 8

are you a morning or night person?: morning

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?: a few of the student’s parents

favorite activity with your family?: family movie night, walks

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha: “girlie” things, hair, nails, etc. or reading

what is your greatest fear?: water with no land in sight

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…): biting nails

yes, BFA from the University of Oklahoma

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue)[/quote]
    Rome

mama2_boys

I was just getting ready to type my intro post for the group when I saw this! What timing! Anyway, I am new to the group as well. Angela told me about this website and I’m so glad that she did. You all seem like such a great group of ladies. I really was looking for some good strong Catholic friends to share things with. This seems like the place. I have been watching the posts for awhile and just decided today to join in. Well, here is my info . . .

name: Melinda

spouse’s age: 29 (next week)

your occupation: 5th-6th grade special education teacher (I really am hoping to join you SAHMs though!! Pray that I will be able to!)

spouse’s occupation: Ecologist for the Corps of Engineers

age of children: Ben will be 3 on May 5; Daniel is 16 months tomorrow

your dream job: SAHM

worst job you ever had: I have always worked. The worst was in the dishroom in my dorm during college. That job only lasted me a year!

favorite time of year: SUMMER!!!

favorite holiday: Christmas

birthday: October 1

anniversary: July 14

are you a morning or night person?: night. There is always just 1 more thing that I want to do before going to bed! It makes mornings not so fun.

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? That I have to leave my kids. :(

favorite activity with your family? anything at all

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha: reading or a shopping trip all by myself (I could spend hours roaming the aisles of any store!)

what is your greatest fear?: I can’t handle the thought of snakes!

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…): biting fingernails and fidgeting

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to?: I went to Western Illinois University in Macomb IL. I have no plans for an advanced degree at this point.

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue): Rome and someplace warm and tropical

bernadette

I just happened to come across this website, and I’m really excited that I found it. So I’m officially introducing myself…

name Bernadette

age 31

spouse’s age i’m a single mom

your occupation HS teacher

spouse’s occupation

age of children DS is 2 1/2

your dream job SAHM

worst job you ever had bbq restaurant hostess–i smelled like bbq all the time!

favorite time of year spring when all the crape myrtles are in bloom

birthday 3/13/74

anniversary

are you a morning or night person? morning

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? when the kids are unmotivated

favorite activity with your family? taking my son to the beach

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? SHOP!!!

what is your greatest fear? hmm…losing my faith

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) eating

Texas A&M

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) Italy, Hawaii, Spain, Bahamas

jaceandanna

name- Mary

age- 39 the big 40 June 11th

spouse’s age 46

your occupation SAHM

spouse’s occupation car salesman

age of children 3(Anna) 5(Jace)

your dream job i am doing it

worst job you ever had Actually it was working for a Catholic organization, but it was my boss that made it so bad, not the organization

favorite time of year summer

birthday June 11th

anniversary November 17th

are you a morning or night person? NIGHT

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation? lack of adult conversation

favorite activity with your family? just playing, I could watch my kids play all day, and frequently do and get NOTHING done

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha reading

what is your greatest fear? i don’t obsess about it, but with the craziness in the world, my kids coming up missing

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) biting fingernails

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? No

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue) anywhere tropical

amby

I’m new to this group! Just joined today. Please don’t shoot me, looks like I’m the youngest.

name/ Amber

age / 23 (24 in September)

spouse’s age / 30 (31 in September)

your occupation / Mom first then a Secretary. Plan on being a SAHM when husband finishes school

spouse’s occupation / Retail store manager…currently being laid off. Plans to go back to school.

age of children / 2years and 7 months

your dream job / psychiatrist

worst job you ever had / working for Ricker’s. A gas station in Indiana. I really have enjoyed most of my jobs, but Ricker’s because the manager was mean

favorite time of year / Spring

favorite holiday/ Easter

birthday / September 23.

anniversary/ Aug 3

are you a morning or night person?/ afternoon

what is your least favorite aspect of your current occupation?/ actually working and not being with my kids

favorite activity with your family?/ just watching them grow is good with me

favorite activity when you have ‘alone time’? hahahaha // sleeping

what is your greatest fear?/ leaving my kids without a mother ( I have bad health problems)

what is your nervous habit? (biting fingernails, fidgeting, tapping your foot…) / biting nails

did you go to college? where? if you didn’t go, do you plan to? // haven’t gone yet, but I will one day.

if you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? (pretending that safety is not an issue)// Australia. I’d never come home if I ever made it there

momsaint

:D Hello new moms! If you haven’t already read these posts then please do because it is a great way to get to know us! If you have a couple minutes please answer any of the questions you feel comfortable answering so that we may get to know you better! :D

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 124 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.