End of the Spear

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums I Love the Movies! End of the Spear

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ashersmomma 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

ashersmomma

This is really a great movie. It is rated PG-13 for a few violent scenes but they are very important to the story. It is based on a true story. Its a story of forgiveness, redemption, and new beginnings with a stong focus on God. There is a documentary that I strongly recommend getting to go with it called “Beyond the Gates of Splendor” which goes shows the real people and their story…very moving movies! Depending on your child I think a child younger than 13 could watch it considering that this type of violence is just a drop in the bucket compared to what most kids unfortunately see.
    Here’s what Netflix has to say about it: Many years after his missionary father was speared to death at the hands of Waodani tribesmen, a young man (Chad Allen of television’s “Webster” and “Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman”) returns to the Ecuadorian jungle to meet the native (Louie Leonardo) who murdered his father and learn the truth about his family’s legacy. The result is a life-altering experience that brings him closer to the kin of his father’s killer.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.