does anyone make their own rosaries?

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics does anyone make their own rosaries?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  maryd 7 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

mommandm

I was considering checking this out for myself and maybe to donate to a local catholic store. Just curious :D

jc

@MommaNDM wrote:

I was considering checking this out for myself and maybe to donate to a local catholic store. Just curious :D

My children are involved in a local Legion of Mary Junior Praesidium, and they make rosaries quite often for police officers, soldiers here and abroad, to put in the back of Catholic churches, etc. I would have to ask where they get their rosary-making supplies, but I believe there are several companies that can be found online that supply them.

autumnw

You can use beads from a craft store like michaels or even just some kind of rope or twine. My husband had a friend that he worked with who had just moved here from mexico. My husband helped him do things like call the electric company etc., things that are easy for us but hard for a non english speaker. Anyway, one day he presented my husband with a rosary he had made by tying knots in a string and wrapping the string into a cross. This is how rosaries were origionally made anyway. They were just strings with knots to remind you how many times to say the different prayers.

teresa_marie

Yes! We bought our beads from a craft store. I finished making Kailey’s this evening. Hers is two shades of pink (one for Hail Mary’s, one for Our Fathers. The cross is pink as well. She loves it. I just used a larger bead for the Our Fathers.

Oh and for the center I used a flower shaped pink bead.

maryd

I make the knotted rosaries…You can find all the info you need at
    http://www.rosaryarmy.com …I purchased supplies especially a handy knotting tool from FNT industries at http://www.rosarytwine.com.. they have any color or combination of colors you can imagine. I make them when I’m watching a movie with my family…I have something to show for my time when the movie is over! I donate them to a mission who sends them to our soldiers. God Bless!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.