Confirmation names?

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Confirmation names?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  trghigliotti 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mommandm

What are your confirmation names and why? I thought this might be a fun thread :D

I’m just being confirmed at the Easter Vigil. I chose the name Therese after St. Therese of Liseux.

@MommaNDM wrote:

What are your confirmation names and why? I thought this might be a fun thread :D

I’m just being confirmed at the Easter Vigil. I chose the name Therese after St. Therese of Liseux.

mine is Elizabeth ( i know I’m bad I can’t remember which Elizabeth. or why I picked it) hubby is Ignatius

andrea

Mine is St. Monica, Patron Saint of Motherhood. Guess I knew even back then that I wanted to be a momma! =)

julka

I was baptised, confirmed and received communion on Easter Vigil 2005, and also chose the name Theresa, after St. Therese of Liseux as well :D .

lynnt

I’m being confirmed on this Easter Vigil too! :D

Mine is Catharine, after Sts Catherine of Sweden and CAtherine of Sienna, both patron saints of Miscarriage.

teresa_marie

I haven’t been through conversion yet, but have chosen names carefully.

My real name is Teresa Marie

Teresa Mary
    Teresa after St. Teresa of Calcutta-I feel a strong bond with her.
    and
    Mary (St. Mary Cleophas) who was one of the women who served Jesus and was present at his crucifixion.

trghigliotti

St. Philomena is the Saint I picked this past Easter. It was a very difficult choice, it took me forever! I literally finalized my choice two days before Easter Vigil. In the end I picked her because she spoke volumes to me. She fascinated me. The fact that she is the only Saint in the church to be made a Saint based solely off of the wonders and miracles performed by her. I have a very special devotion to her and believe very strongly in her power of intercession. When my husband graduated this past May and started the job search, I prayed a private Novena to her asking for her to help him from the best job as quickly as possible because I knew the longer it took him to find a job the more he would start to stress about it. Within 2 days of graduation he had received a job offer from a small Catholic company with a starting salary of about 12 thousand more then he had hoped to get. :o )

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.