Christmas Traditions

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums General Topics Christmas Traditions

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  julka 7 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

julka

Was wondering what type of special Christmas traditions people have that they follow each year? Maybe special stuff to do with the kids or as an entire family?

Also, do you do presents? Any traditional “musts” when it comes to food?
    Do share!!

Julia

We always spend one evening just driving around looking at lights and we all enjoy that immensely. Another tradition we do is I play Christmas songs on the piano in the evenings (usually only for 10 minutes or so) while everybody is doing their thing (playing, studying, etc..) during the Christmas season. It just kind of sets the house in a calmer mood. Every once in a while, I catch my husband singing (and he doesn’t usually sing!)
    Heather

rosannajames

The kids always have a Christmas program before Mass on Christmas Eve.

We come home and Santa has already arrived. I usually have pretty Christmas CD’s playing and we open our gifts. The grandparents are invited.

We light a candle on a Birthday cake for Jesus. He is on the cake. We sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and then the littlest one puts Jesus in the manger. Then we have cake and icecream. It’s always a fun evening! :D

Lisa

jodie

On Christmas morning before the kids can open their presents, they have to find baby Jesus and place Him in the manger. We hide Him the night before, and I feel that it lets the children focus on the fact that it is Jesus’ birthday and not just about Santa and presents.

mnmapeanut
    Rosannajames wrote:
    The kids always have a Christmas program before Mass on Christmas Eve.

We come home and Santa has already arrived. I usually have pretty Christmas CD’s playing and we open our gifts. The grandparents are invited.

We light a candle on a Birthday cake for Jesus. He is on the cake. We sing Happy Birthday to Jesus and then the littlest one puts Jesus in the manger. Then we have cake and icecream. It’s always a fun evening! :D

Lisa

Lisa I love the idea of the birthday cake with the baby Jesus on it. Right now it is just my husband and I but next year we will have a 5 month old. I am so excited to start our own traditions. i might adopt this one.
    Emma :D

julka

I also love the birthday cake for Jesus idea. It’s actually makes total sense and yet I never thought of that. When my baby is older, I think we’ll do that lol.
    Also love the ‘search for Jesus & place in manger’ game… sounds like fun!! and yes, it does place focus on Jesus and not only on Santa

These are great!!
    Julia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.