Catholic Mother Guilt

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Raising Great Kids! Catholic Mother Guilt

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  growingfamily 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

eeurogirly

Hi! I have a seven year old daughter, a 2 year old daughter and a son on the way, and I am having great difficulty dealing with the daycare situation for them. I had been working full time, but now I am finishing my graduate degree in Applied Ministry. Even though the classes are mostly after four, I still need to study every day. But I am feeling horrible guilt about letting the 2 year old go to daycare from about 8.30 to 3.00 M-F, and the 7 year old to after school care for a couple of hours. The truth is that I don’t really have to study much more than an hour or two a day, but there are always other chores a mom can take care of a little easier by herself. But now I am wondering how I am going to feel about having the new baby home with me (in about 2 months from now) and still dropping the two year old off at daycare.This is so hard, and I am still recovering from a very difficult job I just quit, because it was emotionally hard to handle: lots of dealing with injuries and death as well as a working environment almost hostile to Catholics. I guess I am seeking a balance and want to do what’s right for my children-the daycare programs they go to are really good, but every day I feel bad.I would like to hear what others think about this situation.

Have you thought of doing a Mother’s Day out program for your two yr old? That way you can be home with her a few days a week but also get a few hours to yourself for studying or chores. Sometimes change can be difficult but it can also be very rewarding. Pray about it and let God lead you to where he wants you to be.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.