Came back home to the Church…

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums Religious Questions Came back home to the Church…

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  vivian 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

acwycherley

Hi everyone! I am new here and wanted to introduce myself and get some advice. My name is April and I have just come back to the Church after being non practicing for more than 10 years. I’ve really enjoyed introducing my children to the beauty of mass. My 3 oldest children are enrolled in RCIA to officially join the church. My oldest daughter is 16 and has been baptized but has never received First Communion. My other daughters are 12 and 8, and my son is 2 and they have not received any Sacraments. At Easter Vigil we will have the 3 youngest children baptized and the 3 girls will receive First Communion. I have a few questions about what would be appropriate as far as clothing goes for my children. My 8 year old daughter will be wearing a traditional 1st Communion gown. My son will be wearing a white suit (the baptismal gowns and outfits are just too small for a child who will be 3 at the time of his baptism, and I found an adorable tuxedo-style suit in all white for him to wear. I have that part figured out, but my question is with my older girls. They are a little too old to appropriately wear the traditional gowns for 1st Communion, in my opinion. I was just wondering what everyone’s opinions are about dress. I would like for them to be wearing white, because it is a very special occasion, but not sure exactly what I should look for. Does anyone have any advice for me?? I would appreciate any opinions that anyone may have.

Thanks in advance!!!

vivian

I appreciate your idea and support you on that, don’t be afraid, just do it. Hope everything goes well that day! :) :) :) :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.