BELLA

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  ashersmomma 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

ashersmomma

If you havent heard about the movie “Bella” you really need to check it out! I got to see it last Saurday and it blew me away. Not only was it pro-life, it was PRO-CATHOLIC!!! I loved how this movie was not a typical mushy over-romantized chick flick…it was real, touching, and inspirational without being cheesy. It is an independant film that came out in October, unfortunatly it went somewhat under the radar but still won the People’s Choice award at the Toronto Film Festival.
    The film was produced by Metanoia Films and “Bella” was their film debut. Their mission “is to make movies that matter and have the potential to make a meaningful difference in people’s lives”. If this is just a taste of what’s to come then I am excited! What a fresh breath of air this movie was. It hits you deep and makes you so proud to be Catholic. Here are a couple “Catholic” things in the movie: at one point the main male character is actually holding rosary beads and praying during a very pivotal point in the movie, then in scene with his mother, there is a gigantic picture of Our Lady of Guadalupe on the wall. All are excellant portrayals of our faith and on the big screen, that is hard to find!!
    I dont want to give anything away so I won’t tell you much but please check out the website to learn more about it and to watch a trailer. The DVD release date is still unknown at this time but you can preorder one…which I HIGHLY recommend!

http://www.bellamoviesite.com/site/#/home/

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.