Any VBAC moms?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  beckyjo519 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mommandm

I had a VBAC in October with my second child. It was the most amazing exerience! If anybody wants someone to bounce VBAC concerns or stories off of I’d love to hear them :D

MommaNDM wrote:
    I had a VBAC in October with my second child. It was the most amazing exerience! If anybody wants someone to bounce VBAC concerns or stories off of I’d love to

hear them :D [/quote

oh oh oh me me i had my second vbac and yes it is amazing i was uneducated the first time and blame myself for the unnecessary csection although they gave the old “you are too small” @@

mommandm

I’m sorry Aimee, that’s a really stinky reason to be pushed into a section!! *hugs*

I had a section due to “prolapsed cord,” even though my water hadn’t broken yet :? So I’m not sure what was really going, but the baby’s heart rate was dipping and I had a healthy baby boy.

My VBAC was an AMAZING experience, I would encourage every woman to at least give it a go with a good doctor or midwife and a lot of information under their belts. I had a wonderful doula, who was also my Bradley instructor and dear friend, and the bradley classes themselves were wonderful. I went into labor naturally and had the baby on my due date, a nice healthy 9 pounder. He was nice and ready to be born, I really don’t think my first son was as he came 3 weeks early. So that was a big plus of the VBAC. I did a lot of laboring before the big day, I guess its pretty common in VBACs. So that helped, I guess my labor was a bit shorter than it might have been had I not sort of done some work ahead of time. Labor was great after I signed the AMA and got in the shower to labor, next time I will DEFINITELY labor in a tub!! I had to sign the AMA b/c they had me hooked to the monitors constantly, and I was not handling laying still well. They had to break my water when I was complete, and soon after I had strong urges to push and 45 minutes after that began Gabriel was here!

I’d definitely encourage women, like I said, to at least give it a try. I remember saying right after the baby was born that I’d go through natural labor and birth 10 times over than go through one cesarean section again! My heart breaks for moms who can’t birth as God intended, its an incredible sacrifice for your children to go through surgery to bring them into the world.

I agree reading is the best thing you can do. Women need to remember that doctors are just that. They make mistakes and sometimes run their job like a business. Csections are easier and they make more money. They are able to schedule it meaning no middle of the night delivery and it makes the baby come out way faster so they can get on to their next customer. I also had a midwife and doula. I will never go to an obgyn again. I also agree with the vaginal over csection ANY day of the week. My vbac also made it a lot easier in my opinion to breastfeed and it made the bonding a totally different thing. It is very empowering to birth a baby. Thats what god made womens bodies for. Babies weren’t meant to be pulled out of a mother who has been cut open and then not be able to be with her and feed after birth. There are situations where a csection does save a baby’s life and is necessary and I think thats great. I know the csection rate isn’t due to that though.

ashersmomma

The old “you’re too small” to birth vaginally response always kills me. I think alot of doctors say that just sot hat they can schedule births. I am 5’6 and 125 lbs (I of course gained weight when I was pregnant) and I gave birth to a 9 lb 5 oz baby who was 22.5 in tall…… I delivered vaginally. My son suffered from a subarachnoid (sp?) hemmorage on the brain, too small to see on CT scans. The hemmorage they said usually only occurs in first time moms (not stretched out enough yet!) and those delivering large boys. He had small seizures, not ones that made him convulse, just a little eye twitch and his blood/oxygen levels would drop. He spent a week in the NICU and was put on phenabarbitol to control the seizures until the hemmorage healed. SCARY first week of his little life. THANKFULLY, our little man is 2 now and is actually at a 3 year old developmental level…SO SMART!!!! So although I do think alot of doctors advise C-SEC way too often, there are those few times that they may be right. I always wonder if Asher would have had to go through all that if only my Dr. would have told me to have a C-SEC. Ive done enough research now to learn that I shouldnt have to worry about the same thing happening to my 2nd since things arent as “small” as they used to be….hubby might disagree, hehe! Thats just my experience, thought Id get it out there. My sister just had a very successful VBAC this month, not one problem, perfect birth experience! Gina

karenann

Just thought I’d mention that in my experience, many c-sections are done because of our high litigation society and not so much for the convenience of doctors although unfortunately convenience is sometimes a factor. (I work in a birthing center) I have had babies both ways and agree that a vaginal delivery is a much better experience. I had my 2nd baby by c-section due to
    a prolapsed cord and tried to VBAC my third baby. I carried him more than 2 weeks past his due date, labored for 31 hours and couldn’t push him out. Connor weighed 9-7, had a giant head and the cord wrapped around his body and neck multiple times. I tried again with my next and went into labor on my due date that time and got to complete in only 12 hours but couldn’t push him out. Charlie weighed 9-13. Most people are much more successful with VBACs than I was. Unfortunatley in the past 5 years or so there is a trend in smaller hospitals and birthing centers to not allow VBACs. This is a result of insurance companies refusing to insure hospitals that allow women to VBAC. It is very sad because the risk of uterine rupture is so tiny. I have seen women who have had 4 or 5 successful VBACs have to schedule c-sections because of this. Very sad, but it’s the way things are.

beckyjo519

I had a vaginal birth with my first son, Dominic, after being induced two weeks early because of pre-eclempsia, but then had to have a c-section with my twin boys because Sam was 100% breech and doctor didn’t want to let me try vaginal and risk him being ‘lost’ or getting stuck. Had it scheduled then ended up doing it the night before anyway as Isaac was in distress. I hated having the c-section and am very much looking forward to doing a vbac the next time around. I would rather go through the 32 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing again than to recover from another c-section and not be able to hold or nurse my baby right away. I’m hoping I can find more information on vbacs before the time comes. Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

beckyjo519

I had a vaginal birth with my first son, Dominic, after being induced two weeks early because of pre-eclempsia, but then had to have a c-section with my twin boys because Sam was 100% breech and doctor didn’t want to let me try vaginal and risk him being ‘lost’ or getting stuck. Had it scheduled then ended up doing it the night before anyway as Isaac was in distress. I hated having the c-section and am very much looking forward to doing a vbac the next time around. I would rather go through the 32 hours of labor and 2 hours of pushing again than to recover from another c-section and not be able to hold or nurse my baby right away. I’m hoping I can find more information on vbacs before the time comes. Any suggestions? Thanks! :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.