Anne of Green Gables

Welcome Catholic Moms! Forums I Love the Movies! Anne of Green Gables

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  ashersmomma 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

ashersmomma

This is an older movie but no doubt an up in coming classic! I first seen this movie when I was about 10 and at first thought it was going to be a boring movie like Little House on the Prairie. Well, I couldnt stop watching it and had to see all of the following “Anne” movies. This is definetely a girl movie, perfect for a pre-teen girl. She may roll her eyes at first but she will secretly be liking it!
    Here is what Netflix had to say about it: Director Kevin Sullivan brings L.M. Montgomery’s classic children’s novel to life. Megan Follows stars as Anne Shirley, the talkative, red-headed orphan sent by mistake to live with a spinster (Colleen Dewhurst) and her brother (Richard Farnsworth) on scenic Prince Edward Island, Canada. But her warm-hearted enthusiasm and irrepressible imagination gradually win them over. Jonathan Crombie co-stars as Gilbert Blythe. First aired on Canadian TV.

brandila

I love, love, love this movie!! It is a pre-teen girlie flick, but works great as a family movie too. No sex, violence or language. It’s just a good, wholesome Cristian movie that’s both funny and heartwarming. All the sequals are good too, except the last one has a few war scenes, but still nothing graphic.

mrsbrown

The Anne movies are my all time favorite movies, hands down! The books are even better! :)

mommyrose

I agree the books are even better and you should have your daughter read the books first. I read all the books before I ever saw the movies (I was between 10-13 years old, I believe.) I loved them and I was not disappointed by the movies when I first saw them years later. The characters and adventures were all captured so perfectly – just as I had imagined!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.