An Intro

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  kandigirl 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

teresa_marie

My name is Teresa and I going to start RCIA classes in Septmeber.

I grew up with my irreligious father and Catholic stepmother. The only times we went to church were for holidays. We attended Sacred Heart in Portland, Oregon. I only have found memories of that church.

As an adult I have studied various religions, was atheist, agnostic, etc. Nothing ever rang true for me.

Then out of the blue I started thinking about my stepmother and the Catholic church. I have been considering myself atheist for a few years now, but I’m not comfortble with that term really. I didn’t know what I was.

Until the memories of the church came back to me and I prayed about it, and prayed and studied and learned more about the church, then started attending the only Catholic churh in my area. AND I love it. I feel like I am at home. It’s an amazing feeling.

While looking for more info I found this site through google. I would love to learn more from you mamas.

Looking forward to talking with you all.

Oh, my husband considers himself a strong atheist, but my daughter s so welcoming of the church and attends mass with me.

burrisfam1

Welcome!!! Not just to this site but to the faith! I always ehjoy hearing conversion stories.

There are alot of amazing women with great faith and lots of experience on this site. I’m sure you will enjoy it!

teresa_marie

Thanks April.

I’ve been reading quite a bit and learning a lot just from this board- yeah!

nessa

love to hear about your journey :D
    glad you are here

trghigliotti

First off congratulations on starting to make this wonderful journey. I just entered the Church this last Easter and it was amazing. I find Mass to be awe inspiring every single time I go.

ashersmomma

Hi Teresa!! What a holy and beautiful name you have! I am a convert of 2 years and NEVER thought Id be Catholic. Its amazing how when we are open to the truth it will literally set us free! I am still learning so much and I actually want to be the kind of Catholic who never stops learning. Im so glad you found the site and of course the Catholic church. Welcome to the greatest and most fulfilling journey of your life! The Lord will surely bless you for bringing your daughter to the faith and we’ll be keeping your husband in our prayers! Many blessings, Gina N.

kandigirl

Hi Teresa,

My husband was not raised in any kind of faith. He attended RCIA classes 2 years ago and was baptized, recieved communion and was confirmed at the same time. It’s embarrsing to admit that his faith is stronger than mine and I have been raised Catholic. It seems that those that enter the church as adults have such a strong faith and passion. It’s amazing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.